Introducing Dhaulagiri Faly

clarkrw3

So I was going to hold off on posting this guy for a while. However, I thought it might be nice to see a 100% awesome Faly:D:D:D:D This guy will be breeding with two of my CB females on their next cycle and I hope to have some babies by Christmas:cool: but we will not be counting chams before they hatch;) This guy is only going to get better the healthier and more comfortable he gets, but he is already pretty stunning.
I am not 100% on the name....so don't be surprised if it changes. It has already gone from Ambaro (the bay next to Nosy Faly) to Dhaulagiri which fits into the mountain name theme we use to name our animals...we will see if it sticks:eek:

431604_10150508327666895_659346894_9165479_162284591_n.jpg

402105_10150508326986895_659346894_9165476_1580888128_n.jpg

429823_10150508326771895_659346894_9165475_983361821_n.jpg

422873_10150508327246895_659346894_9165477_533634519_n.jpg

418684_10150504658931895_659346894_9155794_1437111107_n.jpg

And one of him showing his darker greens
422179_10150508326591895_659346894_9165474_682987239_n.jpg

Oh Rob! He is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I am super stoked :D great photos too :) You guys are doing a GREaT job with him!!!!!

Oh Rob! He is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I am super stoked :D great photos too :) You guys are doing a GREaT job with him!!!!!

Thanks Suzi!!! I am really happy with the way he has been coming around. Did you get the pictures I txted you? I am just really excited to work with a beautiful male that there are NO questions about what he is. I feel that is really important when starting a breeding project on a less CB populated local.

He is an intimidating guy. My Ambilobe male caught sight of him 15' away and JUMPED :eek::eek::eek: out of his tree 4' in the air to run away from him:( Luckily he was ok just not a happy camper and sat in his cage the rest of the day all black. I am going to have to be more careful when I have them outside in the future;)

I couldn't agree more! I was going to start a Faly project awhile back but put it on hold:eek: now I see it in my future :D
I couldn't see the pics you sent :( it seemed to download but I don't know where to! :confused::confused: I just got a new phone so I need to figure out what happened!

Very nice cham, he's going to be amazing

Thanks, we will keep working on him. I really think once he gets more comfortable more of that white is going to come out. It's funny because once he realized there were females around...he seemed to be cool with his new home:p

I couldn't agree more! I was going to start a Faly project awhile back but put it on hold:eek: now I see it in my future :D
I couldn't see the pics you sent :( it seemed to download but I don't know where to! :confused::confused: I just got a new phone so I need to figure out what happened!

;);)So do I!! I sent you a couple of these that day...but when I didn't hear back I figured you didn't see them:eek:

On down the slope you go.:eek: But what a beautiful was to go, he is stunning.

Thanks you SO much Laurie!!! Means a lot coming from you:) It seems to take on a whole life of it's own:eek: We still have a lot of work ahead of ourselves on this guy but he really is looking GREAT considering:cool:

Is the shape of a faly nose different from that of other panthers? I see slight variations in facial structures between the different locales... or is it just me? :cool:

Beautiful faly btw! :p

Is the shape of a faly nose different from that of other panthers? I see slight variations in facial structures between the different locales... or is it just me? :cool:

Beautiful faly btw! :p

You are correct the nose (rostral) is quite varied local to local and is possibly the most "different" on Faly's
Thanks BTW;)

WOW!!! Now thats a Faly. I love his yellow eyes and cheeks, something you dont see too often in the CB Faly that are around.

Thanks!! Yes his eyes and cheeks are amazing. When he fires up a bit those black/blue stripes on his eyes go bright red:eek::D:D I am going to have to get some of that special Gutload from Texas Ranger to keep all that yellow around;):cool:

So this guy has been doing great. Eating well and starting to fill back in those fat pads. He has been producing pure white urates for the past 4 droppings so hydration phase has gone well. We ran fecals yesterday which came back with Coccidia which was to be expected but other than that and some mild bacteria he was clean which was a surprise. I will continue to run fecals over the next three weeks to observe that nothing else crops up and that the levels of Coccidia go down. This has also prompted me to get a scope and supplies to run my own fecals....so if all goes well I should have some pictures of parasites soon :eek:
Having this guy has also prompted me to be more on top of fecals on my other chams. We are really good about not cross contaminating our chams but one of the females I have, has had stinky poop from day one. Since she had other issues to deal with we didn't jump right on the fecal, but it also turned up to be positive for Coccidia :rolleyes: With how her droppings have always stunk I am sure she came to us with the parasites. So now we are treating two, which is fine. I also found a local Pro beauty supply that allowed me to buy some 9% H2O2 so that I can spray down the cages etc weekly.

All in all I am shocked at the shape of this guy! I have gotten CB chams from "good" breeders in worse shape. Also he has a pretty good disposition, which at times I am afraid means he must just be really sick, but he doesn't seem to hate me.

Showing off some of his darker colors. It was a cooler 68 and breezy this weekend so he was staying darker soaking up some rays ;) Also I got my first 100% negative fecal so with a couple more clear ones he is going to be getting some action :D:D

401180_10150533750301895_659346894_9229223_89599625_n.jpg

No Ambanja or Falylobie there. He is certainly a nice looking Faly. Great work!

Thanks Tom!! That right there was my main reason for picking this guy up. This guy is 100% through and through. :D There is FAR too much uncertainty within this local:(

Back
Top Bottom