interesting issue veiled and panther

leftyaudi

so i recently went to visit my girlfriend for the weekend. my brother stayed at my house to watch my chameleons and dog. i have one room in my home that is all trees and vines where i free range my chams, one at a time. never at the same time. he called me and said my large male veiled had attacked my female ambanja. i was very worried until he sent me many pics of the action. the two had mated. he didnt know they could only be in the room one at a time. the problem now is that my female is gravid. the question is, is it at all possible for a male veiled and female panther to successfully mate? i understand the genus and species are different but i heard from some breeders that it could be done. please share any insight.

i didnt think it would work. i hope it does. should be an interesting conversation piece! when they hatch, if they do, ill put them up for sale on the forums for sure.

i didnt think it would work. i hope it does. should be an interesting conversation piece! when they hatch, if they do, ill put them up for sale on the forums for sure.

They will not hatch for the same reasons canaries and parakeets cannot breed-they are a bit too far apart genetically. We were having a bit of fun. :) It is a question that pops up here a few times every week. As you already know-they will mate, and the female may even cycle eggs-but they will not be fertile.

Where in Indiana are you from?

damn! i was hoping it would. i figured it wouldnt. i understand the genetics behind it. it was worth asking others. at least i know shes ready to breed. ill try to breed her with my male ambanja i guess. im from Valparaiso, IN. why do u ask?

thats cool. ive always lived in Valpo, but i can understand why someone would move to Tampa. its like going from seeing corn fields all day to palm trees. i wouldnt mind that change. i dont think my chameleons would mind either!

thats cool. ive always lived in Valpo, but i can understand why someone would move to Tampa. its like going from seeing corn fields all day to palm trees. i wouldnt mind that change. i dont think my chameleons would mind either!

Even though good ol' Valpo is growing, it does not get anymore exciting! My parents still have a house up there next to the high school and I still have friends up there. I did not raise reptiles when I lived there, Florida is certainly an easier environment to raise them. I can only imagine the temp and humidity issues up there!

demise

LOL-Actually I think Major there was thinking about eating my camera-she absolutley hates the camera with a passion!

well he probably just thought of an amazing idea to terminate the camera. now all thats left is to exicute. lol my veiled hisses and jumps at the flash on my camera. why that is that they hate cameras so much. idk

Back
Top Bottom