Interesting choice for sleep

TwiceVeiled

Avid Member
96073B51-40DD-4880-B6DA-FEC670C4215E.jpeg

Just wanted to share! Our Cham has started choosing to sleep sometimes as far as she can go to the grow light and sometimes she wakes up and continues to stay there. I think she doesn’t realize it’s not going to give her any heat. But we are keeping the grow light off first thing in the morning sometimes to make sure she wanders to her basking spot or feed her and then she goes to her basking area. I thought either she really likes the feel of the branch and it’s position or she’s cold and metaphorically barking up the wrong tree:)

It’s interesting - it doesn’t produce heat beyond an almost imperceptible warmth, but it is the brightest light. It’s just started getting cooler around here in Ontario, and I think that plus I switched out her umbrella plant for her other one and she’s just in a different groove. Yes, the grow light is LED.

It’s interesting - it doesn’t produce heat beyond an almost imperceptible warmth, but it is the brightest light. It’s just started getting cooler around here in Ontario, and I think that plus I switched out her umbrella plant for her other one and she’s just in a different groove. Yes, the grow light is LED.
When I put my sunblaster T5HO 6500k grow light my veiled started hanging out under it more so I moved my T5HO uvb next to it. I'm working on getting led grow lights for Christmas.

When I put my sunblaster T5HO 6500k grow light my veiled started hanging out under it more so I moved my T5HO uvb next to it. I'm working on getting led grow lights for Christmas.
That’s interesting. It sounds like what’s going on with ours right now. She is easy to redirect for now and I might put some more vertical branches around there for her too….

Back
Top Bottom