Insurance

Ramrod

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone have pros or cons when it comes to pet insurance. Just wondering who offers it for reptiles and if it is really worth it??

I have it on all 3 of my boys. I ended up getting the Whole Pet with Wellness coverage. It was about 7 bucks more a month but it covers urgent care and preventative. So I pay 20 a month for each cham. Then there is a $100 deductible per year and after that is met they pay 90%. Used at any vet. Upload the vet bill to Nationwide and they reimburse you within a week to your bank account. So you have to pay the vet upfront.

Works out really freaking good. If I would have had it when Beman had to get blood work done it would have saved me a ton. That visit was $350. Had I already gotten the insurance it would have been a total of $225 I had gotten back due to the $100 deductible and the 10% I would have been responsible. Then my deductible would have been covered for the year and I would have a total of only 10% that I would pay for the next year should anything happen.

I do recommend you get it prior to having any issues at the vet. They ask for the vet you go to and any prior issues then it gets sent to underwriting. Beman has an exclusion due to the swollen limb that I got blood work for. Which ended up sucking because now they will not cover anything that could be that. And that time it was swollen from a fall he took screen climbing. Bane and Bentley are fully covered without any exclusions.

Sounds like that maybe something of interest. No issues now and probably be most useful in case of an accident if husbandry and all is kept on point. Well it's insurance and the nature of the beast is if you never use it you may go in the hole eventually but if something happens that requires x-rays and extensive lab work it could save bunches.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to look at it.

Sounds like that maybe something of interest. No issues now and probably be most useful in case of an accident if husbandry and all is kept on point. Well it's insurance and the nature of the beast is if you never use it you may go in the hole eventually but if something happens that requires x-rays and extensive lab work it could save bunches.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to look at it.
Yeah exactly it is insurance. I will tell you IME that vet bills seriously add up. I would rather spend a little each month and know that each of my boys is covered rather then not have it in place and have to come out of pocket a ton all at once. I liked this one because it covers preventative care as well. So their yearly checkups and fecals are covered. Get a new cham and have this on them then you can do a well check and it is covered.

They have another one that is cheaper but it only covers urgent care issues. And the deductible on that one is $300 instead of $100. For my needs it made more sense just to be able to have the peace of mind that anything would be covered.

Back
Top Bottom