Insects...interesting...

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352364616300013
Interesting about T. Molitor
"T. molitor larval body concentrations of Cd and Pb correlated also to the total metal pool of the soil in which the insects lived."
"stored edible insects T. molitor, A. domesticus and Brachytrupes. The results showed that various types of Enterobacteriaceae and sporulating bacteria can be identified and subsequently isolated from raw insects entering them most likely during contact with the soil".

And grasshoppers....
"According to Bouvier [46] consumption of grasshoppers and locustswithout removing their feet can lead to intestinal blockage, which could have fatal consequences."

Last edited:
As always great read! When I lived in WeiHai China we ate fried silk worm pupae every morning, like soft whipped egg, super tasty. The sego worms or red palm weevil larvae we ate in Sarawak Borneo on the other hand were like slimmy chicken fat with the occasional hint of oak (actual wood chunks). But it's interesting to see how nutritous and sustainable insects are. If we could get passed the "eww gross" adverse response first world countries have to them, we might have a healthier more sustainable world.

10406616_10152327544214580_5458009607303666918_n.jpg

Avoid these. I usually get through about 5 before my stomach hurts.

Back
Top Bottom