Insect size

What is a large insect?
I know the rule of thumb to judge the size of an insect but I can't access the variety of insects I'd like where I live. when ordering online most places have options of small medium and large especially with dubias and crickets should I go with medium sizes to be safe or can I go all out and get larges?

I would get them on the small side since they will still eat them and the feeders do grow anyways... younger feeders stay alive longer too so you can buy in bulk with less die offs.;)

For crickets, large is fine for a year old veiled. Not sure what a full sized roach is, because I don't feed them to my guy.

A full sized dubia is roughly thumbnail size give or take. I feed them to my Panther Cham Zorak at 10 months old he eats them no problem. But,they also fit the general feeding rule of space between the eyes.

So if your concern is with large crickets no worries they are fine really could have been using them six months ago I personally prefer to not to use ones with wings or in the middle of a malt but as far as crickets go they are like 75% soft bodied and the larger the insects the larger the gut load

A full sized dubia is roughly thumbnail size give or take. I feed them to my Panther Cham Zorak at 10 months old he eats them no problem. But,they also fit the general feeding rule of space between the eyes.
My full size Dubai are the size of my thumb.

I buy small to medium Dubia by 300 at a time. They grow slow so by the time the mediums are fed the small have gotten a little bigger

Back
Top Bottom