Insect pets

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
So some of us are insect fans- I like keeping various species well and healthy for my chameleons but also keeping some species as pets- would love to see more photos of peoples insect pets-
Here's my darling Gampsocleis predatory cricket that i used to have- difficult to buy but would love another- she was about 3" + long - that was without ovipositor or antennae-

Also a juv Rhombodera mantid- they grew to be a very large mantid and very beautiful.

and a heterachaeta mantid who was a little sweetheart

This is a xylotrupes beetle larva-next to a pencil- it's huge- hoping they will pupate soon, taking forever

This was a mecynorrhina torquata beetle I raised-

Got some of these today- @Remkon - the top tiny one is an indian stick egg like you have - just for comparison-

My mantises are being mailed to me today, can't wait to have them!
They will probably be very small tho...

What kind of eggs are these ?

Oops, forgot that bit- Pharnicia ponderosa , they look pretty big as adults- it might bed the appetite back down on a parsons - we'll have to wait and see.
P.S snails are racing over to you now!
I remember when i got my Rhombodera-they were L1-2 so very small, one came out of it's travelling box - say on my hand and cleaned it's feet one by one- it' was adorable- then ate a fruit fly.

Got me eggs too, 30of em some of my first eggs will go your way of course.(y)
y3mGFsUaJjiLFj4x2Soq54LMFYf3aPAZwTEJkOrR8_f2Sf47VK4zSMNM3I-PrxUPxpxB2agtmTlzLWrnw32yZ03-oWV5Ht81RrmFYGqIz4PAC7NqwrRo7Q_mq9O8BWRdAgG6f-VPa-SkhkfYYn1igjAoOJdCsHaxBOcd7eFNNmtFg4

I'm also taking the rest of my silkie eggs out of the fridge, if you want me to send some let me know.

Lol- it's nearly Easter!
Those are nice shaped eggs- i love how many shapes, colours and textures stick eggs have.
Ditto- if my 30 Pharnicia hatch and grow. ( actually got 37!)
That reminds me- fed the snakes- must go and feed your silkworms now! Well i would love some more but only only if you cant make use of them now Robi's cottoned on!

I still have thousands of eggs, I will send you half of what I have... I will breed more but we may have to do without for a while in between. I'm out of stamps after this anyways.:eek:

Maybe I'll order few eggs later to fill the gap.

Omg! :eek: I can't believe you are scared of spiders when you've had that scary cricket thing! My worst nightmare! You forgot to include photos of your jumping spiders! :D

I got my very dangerous mantises!
Behold!
y3moV07fYpSgv3yXvNisMriEoqbWenBizqtHnLsCtUK2TlkyINeHNVzJHgXYS2FaYyOFAp3sqdiHKmaImxYvzfmIkovfrYaKEypaESJ7DNACftnSeMiV69LhWJxfW9WLYPvXlWHzQl4x0WdR8hRZzfs23aoR-q0N7jGbGs7z1EoLJA

Already 1 silkworm suffered by their wrath! (I dot yet have fruit flies)
y3mzFz3DK_hVM-CkMr5b6yCB6WJolT9VechJ7UFGRCYjP2o7ylzefF86RWNzWeEkvyXv87xzB9KG1XmUMnke-fP40Z2DwoVdV8wNzmFwVSzyBX4jVVgP7CVr_5lx8EisYD-ZtARWnBs2I1zLEWS4E0aLGDwMkKZ6hKN_sJuZ22jY6o

If I was a fruit fly I'd be terrified,
They look very nice, they'll moult soon and they get big so quick, congratulations Remko, the start of more to come me thinks! Don't let your wife find them though :)

Tiff, lol the ..... Spiders are still to small to photograph, give me a year and I'll get back to you! :LOL:
it certainly has been remarked upon, the 'o.k' insects and the 'not' o.k insects :ROFLMAO::D
the cricket had the biggest:eek: sharpest :eek:most powerful :eek:jaws you've seen , I never handled her, she was still one of my favourite creatures bless her.

I think they have just molded, they are L2 or L3, probably one of the both.
I'm not so worried about my wife finding them since you won't see them unless you know what to look for :p.

You'll just have to keep things that look like sticks and are very still!
When I had my orchid mantis it's always amazing how much bigger they get after moulting, amazing, you'd look away for an hour and she was bigger and bigger. Very exciting that you have some and you've found that supplier. :)

Oh I will get them orchid mantises! They are so pretty!
I want the ghost mantises too.

I will probably wait until I have my shed before I get any more.

So some of us are insect fans- I like keeping various species well and healthy for my chameleons but also keeping some species as pets- would love to see more photos of peoples insect pets-
Here's my darling Gampsocleis predatory cricket that i used to have- difficult to buy but would love another- she was about 3" + long - that was without ovipositor or antennae-

Also a juv Rhombodera mantid- they grew to be a very large mantid and very beautiful.

and a heterachaeta mantid who was a little sweetheart

This is a xylotrupes beetle larva-next to a pencil- it's huge- hoping they will pupate soon, taking forever

This was a mecynorrhina torquata beetle I raised-

Got some of these today- @Remkon - the top tiny one is an indian stick egg like you have - just for comparison-

LOOOOOVE the katydid you had! And also the mantids and especially the Mecynorrhina! I hope this doesn't horrify you but here's one of my cases of dead and dried Mecynorrhina! I would also love to keep more live insects but I have mainly dead ones!!

IMG_2863.JPG

Back
Top Bottom