Insane Background!

If you want to lean how to make ultrarealistic backgrounds look up model trains diy. The stuff they do is amazing! it looks so real. Some may need modification but all doable. They use foam alot as well, the trick is they cover it with wall putty that is how it gets such a natural look.

Insane realistic👌🏻

However for chameleons I’d stay with branches and vines all freestanding from the background and sides. I think, at least IMHO, that’s more naturalistic and secure for them, then these backgrounds.
Very true. If we are to mimic nature we should mimic treetops. What I have been wanting to do is make a bottom structure. For the Yemen chameleon at least the ground is rocky with brush piles or branch piles at the base. This is what I try to mimic in mine and they seem to like it. The standard seems to be for mine ,7 of them, that they like to climb above, or out to the side of the cover. I imagine they like to be able to expose them selves to advertise but still have good cover near by to retreat to.

Very true. If we are to mimic nature we should mimic treetops. What I have been wanting to do is make a bottom structure. For the Yemen chameleon at least the ground is rocky with brush piles or branch piles at the base. This is what I try to mimic in mine and they seem to like it. The standard seems to be for mine ,7 of them, that they like to climb above, or out to the side of the cover. I imagine they like to be able to expose them selves to advertise but still have good cover near by to retreat to.
Love building enclosures and would love to build more and try different things, mimicking even more their natural habitat.
Your way of thinking and building is just 👌🏻

I was just sharing the video because it's cool and adding that putty over pots or something after foaming them in would be neat, not to use that as a step-by-step reference to do a cham background with. I completely agree with the natural habitat looking background and that both @Sonny13 and @CasqueAbove have stunning cages!
I know, it wasn’t an assault on you nor the video. It’s beautiful and a very useful technique.
Just wanted ventilate in general regarding backgrounds in chameleon enclosures. Maybe I was a bit reductive, my excuse for it✌🏻

If you want to lean how to make ultrarealistic backgrounds look up model trains diy. The stuff they do is amazing! it looks so real. Some may need modification but all doable. They use foam alot as well, the trick is they cover it with wall putty that is how it gets such a natural look.
I was going to mention that. Been out of RRing for a bit—still on the bucket list. (y)

Back
Top Bottom