Input for Basking Bulb wattage

CC's Baby

Avid Member
Okay -- So for the dome light and the basking bulb --
I am trying to decide on the Arcadia 8" deep dome OR the Flukers 10" dome -- both which I understand can just sit on top and will not burn my little guys toes.
However, I am wanting some input on the wattage and bulb. Is a 100 watt bulb or 75 bulb the best. Can the 100watt be Toooo hot??? was thinking about purchasing the zoo med basking bulbs in a 2 pack to start.
Feedback???

Also -- I am noticing that the HO T5 bulbs are not as easy to find as the T5 (all in the ballast and energy used) So I may be reverting my original thought of the light fixture hood I was using. So I am looking for a more affordable solution for a double bulb 24" hood fixture so that I can buy a T5 UVB bulb and include the 6500 K daylight bulb housed with it as well. The one I had thought about getting is a HO one which for one is way expensive and you cannot deviate from the HO to a regular and harder to find. Any suggestions ?

Okay -- So for the dome light and the basking bulb --
I am trying to decide on the Arcadia 8" deep dome OR the Flukers 10" dome -- both which I understand can just sit on top and will not burn my little guys toes.
However, I am wanting some input on the wattage and bulb. Is a 100 watt bulb or 75 bulb the best. Can the 100watt be Toooo hot??? was thinking about purchasing the zoo med basking bulbs in a 2 pack to start.
Feedback???
Look into getting a dome at the hardware store. It'll be $12 max.

agreed^ also no bulbs at night (even if they come in different colors), ive noticed that's a thing but chams are diurnal so just warning ya now lol with of course the aception of a che

Back
Top Bottom