Inkbird ITC-306T

I've got a couple of these. The issue I run into with any of these type of thermostats are their trigger thresholds. What I always recommend for anyone using these, hydro farm, or jumpstart thermostats are that they test them out with a calibrated thermometer. If the threshold for on/off is more than 5 degrees I contact the vendor and ask for a replacement as the unit is defective.

I sent back the one I spoke of in post #1. The replacement worked well for the past 2 years, but yesterday I walked into the chameleon room and cozas basking spot was 90 degrees. Unacceptable.

Without dropping 200 on a herpstat, what other temp controls have members had success with?

I have a few of those but only use them on roaches and for my hermit crabs. So they’re on non-light emitting sources so the up and down temps from the on/off style of heating isn’t a problem

other than those, I’ve only used herpstats. All I can say is they work and I definitely recommend them. I’m definitely a believer of putting all heat sources on dimming thermostats

hmmm Yeah I only have used the herpstat 2. I really like it. I have had it now for like almost 3 years. No issues so far.

Back
Top Bottom