Info on female chameleons

Mushy

I have been thinking about getting a female panther chameleon for a while now, I currently have a 2 month veiled that's male and I know a good deal about him and general husbandry for him but I don't know a thing about the female chameleons. I remember being told a while back by a Petco employee that the females can get egg-bound or whatnot without a male needing to be present, besides that I am clueless to be honest. Does anybody have any good website recommendations that I could use to study up on female panthers/chameleons or just basic info about them that you could pass onto me? thank you

Hi! I have a female Veiled chameleon. It is easy for them to become overweight if you don't keep their diet in check. I wouldn't suggest getting info from Petco employee's because they are not very knowledgeable about pets, reptiles etc. The amount you feed them, plus the heat is very important. Keeping a schedule is a great recommendation. As they get older, you reduce the amount of food fed, just like males but more in depth.

I have been thinking about getting a female panther chameleon for a while now, I currently have a 2 month veiled that's male and I know a good deal about him and general husbandry for him but I don't know a thing about the female chameleons. I remember being told a while back by a Petco employee that the females can get egg-bound or whatnot without a male needing to be present, besides that I am clueless to be honest. Does anybody have any good website recommendations that I could use to study up on female panthers/chameleons or just basic info about them that you could pass onto me? thank you
Personally I would get through your first year of having your Veiled... If you can handle all that comes with it then your going to be more prepared for female husbandry.

This is a great site for getting your basics down https://chameleonacademy.com/

For a female your differences between the male veiled and the female panther will be basking temps, Humidity levels, and restricted feeding as she matures. Along with a permanently placed lay bin.
While females can become eggbound this is much more common when incorrect husbandry is involved. So really understanding your basics is going to be key.

I agree I would get through your first year of having your Veiled, And remember having 2 no matter what sex stress them out when the see each other, its a hard to pay attention to my sweet boy who climbs on me and likes to be carried, I forget and walk by all the girls and they do not like him around at all so I keep him in my room seperate.

Back
Top Bottom