Indoor Misters

Dooley1

Avid Member
What are everyone's recommendations for an indoor misting system? They all look pretty much the same and I'm used to using outdoor misters hooked up to a pressurized water source. It's only about 10 cages. Herpmist, Mist King, Big Apple Herp....are there any significant differences? Thanks for the input.
Kevin

I ordered from mistking and it works great....bout all the advice I can give....

Stay away from the Big Apple system, I think that one will burn up on you if you run it dry by mistake. I just a herp mist and love it!

Big Apple is a fire hazard.
Herpmist and Mistking are essentially the same product, same pump, same nozzles, leaving you to make a decision based on service and price. :)

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll go with one or the other then. Do they come with a resovoir? They don't require hook-up to a pressurized water source right? Thanks again.
Kevin

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'll go with one or the other then. Do they come with a resovoir? They don't require hook-up to a pressurized water source right? Thanks again.
Kevin

I THINK herpmist has a kit that comes with a resovoir. All you need is a clean container you can drill a 3/4 inch hole in. Some people use home depot buckets, some people will tell you thats the worst thing in the world.

mistking, pro-mist, and herp mist are the best misting companies, i have a herpmist and i luv it. silent, no dripping, great machine.

Kevin,
The big enchilada at herpmist comes with the resovoir. You can also go to home depot and buy a homers bucket for $5 to save some bucks. Remember to get the lid too...another $2 I guess. All you need to do is fill the bucket with water, feed the tube in, and the herpmist system does the rest. :)

Cam

Well then, herpmist it is. Thanks everyone. That was easy :) I have always used misters indoors before, but it was an outdoor mister...haha. In other words, I had it in a basement and hooked it right up to the water line, so I was using an outdoor mister indoors. I liked it because it worked perfectly, but my new place doesn't accomodate such a set-up. Time to become conventional.
Kevin

The Big Enchilada and One Cage Special both come with a reservoir, timer, and everything you need except the water.

Back
Top Bottom