Indiana Sun!

Nicholasdeaan

Avid Member
Sprite got her first time outside the other day. She loved it! Second picture is how I found them in the morning after lights out. They some how found each othe! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 206
63-64 is a little cool to be letting them outside to take in some sun. Mine dont go out unless it is above 70. Are you housing those chams together? If so it might be time to seperate them before they start stressing each other out.

63-64 is a little cool to be letting them outside to take in some sun. Mine dont go out unless it is above 70. Are you housing those chams together? If so it might be time to seperate them before they start stressing each other out.
64 is plenty warm enough to let them get out for 10-15 minutes if there's no wind. Some people even take theirs out at 60 degrees. Yes they're housed together. They share a free rang that spans over 7 feet long. These guys get along. No stress signs what so ever. The one is fully matured and the other is close. Thanks for the concern though.

You really should not house them together.
Plain and simply it is detrimental to their well being.

I agree that temp is not too cold. They live in the wild down here in Florida and it has been far colder than that. 7 feet is not that big for a free range at all. On rare occasions, chameleons can get along. It is not the norm though and would not recommend it.

7 feet is plenty big. They've been being monitored closely daily. The free range is heavily planted. I find them on occasions basking right next to each other. Now why would they do that if they don't want to be near each other? They're both eating, drinking, and showing good health. I'm well aware that most of them don't get along. Many members on here have had success housing chams together in a large free range. Melleri are a good example. I'm also well aware that it doesn't always work but it does with these guys. The day they start hissing or showing coloration of stress and so forth, they'll be seperated. Until then, they're staying forget. Saying that it's all around a bad idea and is detrimental to their health isn't an accurate statement. Unless you're here to see them and monitor them yourselves, you really can't make assumptions. Just because something is out of the norm and doesn't typically work, doesn't mean it will never work. I guess you guys have your opinions and I have mine.

What part of indiana u from? I live near Columbus
I live right by Indianapolis. In fishers. I'm new to the state. Sorry if the response seemed agressive. Just really irks me when everyone tells you you're doing something wrong just because it's out of the norm.

You're good, no hard feelings. Have you checked out the midwest reptile show at the state fairgrounds yet? They have one every month and thats where I buy all my feeders

You know your chameleons better than anyone and if you are monitoring the situation, and it is working, then great! Like I said, I have seen it happen on here over the years where some do want to be around each other and get along. It is just not something I would recommend for people to start doing as a regular thing. Like people coming here and asking if they can keep two together. The answer would be no. And I still don't agree with you that 7 feet is big! I have a patio that is 22 feet long. I put one chameleon on one side and one on the other and the one always tries to go over and start trouble! 22 feet is not big enough!!

You're good, no hard feelings. Have you checked out the midwest reptile show at the state fairgrounds yet? They have one every month and thats where I buy all my feeders
I was there this weekend. It was a pretty good time! Ended up bringing home a new friend.

You know your chameleons better than anyone and if you are monitoring the situation, and it is working, then great! Like I said, I have seen it happen on here over the years where some do want to be around each other and get along. It is just not something I would recommend for people to start doing as a regular thing. Like people coming here and asking if they can keep two together. The answer would be no. And I still don't agree with you that 7 feet is big! I have a patio that is 22 feet long. I put one chameleon on one side and one on the other and the one always tries to go over and start trouble! 22 feet is not big enough!!
No I understand what you're saying! It is good to point out that this shouldnt be tried if you dont know what you're doing and it's good for newer keepers and members to read and see that. I have enough experience to do it, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. The bigger gal displayed in the pictures is one j took in who had MBD. She's made great leaps in health. And the other is just one I bought as a baby. They get along quite well. They'll even feed together. Probably because they both hate me! Lol And as for the patio story, that's super funny! I got a good laugh out of that! lol 7 ft isn't huge but they're still well taken care of, provided with two basking spots to they have the option to bask alone. It's going to get made bigger here eventually in a couple weeks.

Lol, I almost buy a jacksons every time I'm at the show. My wife would kill me if I brought another one home. We are getting a new bloodhound puppy this weekend though. So I'll be spending time training him and eventually get him certified as a mantrailer. We like our animals.

Back
Top Bottom