Incubator was out!

happy14

Hi,

I apparently had a defect to my Herp Nursey 2 and he was out! The campani eggs were probably hours at 20 ° C in the incubator. The're now the last 6 months there, and certainly very developed there, one can already see the light through the egg shell as what is.
Did you, it hurt them?

Best Regards

happy14

Hi,

I apparently had a defect to my Herp Nursey 2 and he was out! The campani eggs were probably hours at 20 ° C in the incubator. The're now the last 6 months there, and certainly very developed there, one can already see the light through the egg shell as what is.
Did you, it hurt them?

Best Regards

happy14

Could not say if it hurt them. However a rule of thumb is never throw out your eggs until it becomes obvious they are no longer good (molded over). I would keep incubating them until they hatch or mold over or totally shriveled.

Last edited:
Hi,

So I always incubate at 25 ° C incubator and now was the defect and it was for a few hours, only 20 ° C.
But the animals in the egg, but should not hurt so much right?
But the lie so now for about 6 months and you see something that has developed;)
Well, I wait for some days now and I will see what happens.
I give notice ... .

Hi,

So I always incubate at 25 ° C incubator and now was the defect and it was for a few hours, only 20 ° C.
But the animals in the egg, but should not hurt so much right?
But the lie so now for about 6 months and you see something that has developed;)
Well, I wait for some days now and I will see what happens.
I give notice ... .

You should be OK if it was not that big of a temperature flux and for only a couple hours. You won't find out for certain until the eggs hatch or mold over.

I have diapasued eggs for longer periods at lower temperatures if my estimates are accurate (20C about 68F).

Last edited:
Hi,

Did you, it hurt them?

Best Regards

happy14

Do not quote me on this however I think (I have read or heard and could not say from where, however they do live in a cooler part of Madagascar) F.campani requires a diapause to hatch. You may want to look into a 1-2 month diapause (being you have got 6 months left you still could diapause your eggs). Lateralis a similar species benefits from a diapause while incubating their eggs.

Last edited:
Hi,

they have had already 45 days, a cold phase a few months ago.
But yes, they come from cooler regions of Madagascar, I think this will hopefully not be too bad for all the eggs.
Only they were so constant 25 ° C and then suddenly 20 ° C. Perhaps they did the quick turnaround temparature not so good. Who knows ... .
But as the animals come anyway from a cold area, they will certainly be OK.

Back
Top Bottom