incubation

Until others respond-- They look good but make sure you don't add any more water since they might still have some time before fully mature. 6 months is early and 8 months is more like it (plus or minus depending on chams and environment).

Make sure you remove the rotten eggs and all the bugs. If not possible make up new substrate exactly the same temp and relocate if you keep the eggs in the exact same position.

it would be better if you didn't have to change.

get pen light if your not sure if alive and do in dark place.

pic 1 is egg at about 7 months
pic 2 is at and 8 months

Hope this helps until others chime in..
thanks a lot that is useful.
I did add some water but not much, unfortunately it made many of the eggs shrink and have mould on them. I removed the plastic lid yesterday but kept the polystyrene lid on to keep the temp and darkness in hope they would dry. I did also add some mighty mites there to eat the insects.

I torched a few eggs (the ones easy to reach) and they seemed not fertile, there was a yellow light throughout the shell... the whole egg was glowing!

What do the bugs look like?

Have you looked under the "good" eggs without turning the eggs over to see if the insects are under the eggs or eating into the eggs?
i did lift a couple of eggs carefully and no, the insects were not underneath.

I don't know what they were to be honest.... i added mites now so hard to differentiate i suppose

Back
Top Bottom