Incubation help

What is the best incubation methods? I’m currently experiencing a bit of water collecting on the lid of my egg container. My setup now is a chest freezer with a heat mat at the bottom regulated by the thermometer combo. Any info is appreciated!

It’s okay for beads of moisture to form on the lid of the incubation container.

Are the eggs sitting on a bed of moistened vermiculite? What temperature are they at?

It’s okay for beads of moisture to form on the lid of the incubation container.

Are the eggs sitting on a bed of moistened vermiculite? What temperature are they at?
yes they are pushed into the vermiculite slightly so there’s no rolling around or anything. They’re at 74 degrees fahrenheit.

So the substrate temperature would likely be higher?
Are the containers sitting right on the heat pad?
They’re a solid 8 inches above them, it’s definitely possible the substrate is a higher temp than the ambient temp. Do you by chance have any reference photo of a healthy amount of condensation on the lid? Long shot maybe but i figured it could be useful to refer to. Any extra information regarding incubation tips and tricks is absolutely welcome :)

The whole set up is like a mini ecosystem…the water condenses and then runs down and mositens the substrate again sort of.

Back
Top Bottom