Incubating eggs

Kaycool

So I'm new at this and my veild just laid her first clutch of eggs and it was so sudden so I put the eggs in a Tupperware full of moist sand. I have them in my closet with a digital thermometer. Its usually around 70 to 71.5 degrees so is that ok or what should I do.

The sand may dry he eggs out..it's hygroscopic...get some coarse grained vermiculite (gardening centres have it) and use that instead. Make it just moist enough that when you take a fist full of it you can't squeeze any more than a drop or two of water out of it. pit a layer of it in the bottom of a container and gently move the eggs to the new container without rotating them. You may want to use a spoon so you don't damage the eggs. Lay them in rows about 1" apart in all directions. Put the
I'd on the container and set them somewhere that the temperature is about 74F.. Make sure it's in a dark area.

You can also use hatch rite or other substrates recommended by people on here if you want to...I'm just telling you one method.

The sand may dry he eggs out..it's hygroscopic...get some coarse grained vermiculite (gardening centres have it) and use that instead. Make it just moist enough that when you take a fist full of it you can't squeeze any more than a drop or two of water out of it. pit a layer of it in the bottom of a container and gently move the eggs to the new container without rotating them. You may want to use a spoon so you don't damage the eggs. Lay them in rows about 1" apart in all directions. Put the
I'd on the container and set them somewhere that the temperature is about 74F.. Make sure it's in a dark area.

You can also use hatch rite or other substrates recommended by people on here if you want to...I'm just telling you one method.

So 70 to 71.5 wont work? cause that's the room temp and I cant help that in the winter and can I use eco earth?

Last edited:
I always have tried to keep them at 74F or a couple of degrees higher. The lower the temperature the longer they take to hatch and if it's too low they will of course die.

Also...how many eggs did she lay?
Please don't make several threads about the same chameleon...it makes it hard for us to follow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom