incubating eggs

Sunrise488

My veiled chameleon laid 34 eggs yesterday.... I have them on vermeculite at about 75 degs but my question is what should the humidity levels be..... thanks!

Near 100 percent. Just make sure your medium is not soaking wet. I use perlite instead of vermiculite because I drowned some eggs once. :( It was harder for me to judge how wet the vermiculite was, the perlite will only hold so much water before it pools at the bottom.

Good luck.

Take a fistful of the moistened vermiculite and squeeze it. If only a drop or two of water comes out then it's the right moisture. The container will get moisture on the sides and the bottom of the lid will too. It's like a mini ecosystem.

Take a fistful of the moistened vermiculite and squeeze it. If only a drop or two of water comes out then it's the right moisture. The container will get moisture on the sides and the bottom of the lid will too. It's like a mini ecosystem.

This works great. The only thing I do different is I sift out all of the small particles in the Vermiculite prior to adding water.

rh

Kinyonga nailed it. the squeeze test is the way to go. i have also heard of people weighing the egg bin after setting it up (water already included). then you can tell how much to add. keep in mind the eggs will put on some weight also. stick with the sqeeze test and you'll be just fine. add water to the sides not directly over the eggs...

How can you raise the humidity in the repitbator? my chameleon laid 32 eggs the other day. Still trying to work out the kinks to get the temp and humidity at the right levels. Could someone confirm where each should be and any advice to raise the humidity ? thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom