Incubating different clutches of eggs.

TheLizardKing

I have a clutch of veiled eggs using an exo terra incubator. My female is going to lay her next clutch soon. Would i be able and to put the new clutch of eggs with the older clutch in the same incubator? Obviously i would not mix the old and new clutch of eggs together. But i wanted to make sure that the new clutch of eggs didnt affect the older clutch or the other way around.

how does that incubator work for you? Do you use it to heat and cool? I have a thread going about suggesting a good incubator and I dont seem to get any answers but one expensive one. I am about to pull the trigger but I would like other options.

I would need mine to cool, not heat. WOuld you recommend it?

You won't have any problems adding another container with fresh eggs. Since you are using a incubator I would try to make sure the media in the new container is close to the temp you are running in the incubator so you don't cause any rapid changes. Better to be safe then sorry.

Carl

how does that incubator work for you? Do you use it to heat and cool? I have a thread going about suggesting a good incubator and I dont seem to get any answers but one expensive one. I am about to pull the trigger but I would like other options.

I would need mine to cool, not heat. WOuld you recommend it?

Yes mine heats and cools. Once i set a temp, it will maintain to that temp. This link is the exact incubator i use. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004A...200_QL40#ref=mp_s_a_1_3&qid=1392171308&sr=8-3

You won't have any problems adding another container with fresh eggs. Since you are using a incubator I would try to make sure the media in the new container is close to the temp you are running in the incubator so you don't cause any rapid changes. Better to be safe then sorry.

Carl

Sounds good! Thanks Carl

Back
Top Bottom