Incandescent light bulbs.

Yep your wanting to use them for basking heat lamp right? The 60watt is an A19 bulb which is a standard size bulb. The 75 watt is an A21 which means it fits standard sockets but the actual bulb is a bit bigger. So depending on your fixture it may hang out a bit. Can be an issue with the smaller 5.5 inch diameter fixtures if you have it sitting directly on the screen.

Yep your wanting to use them for basking heat lamp right? The 60watt is an A19 bulb which is a standard size bulb. The 75 watt is an A21 which means it fits standard sockets but the actual bulb is a bit bigger. So depending on your fixture it may hang out a bit. Can be an issue with the smaller 5.5 inch diameter fixtures if you have it sitting directly on the screen.
Ok Thank you!. Also, I have the zoomed double light fixture that came with my cage. Can I use this fixture with just the 1 60W bulb in it?

Ok Thank you!. Also, I have the zoomed double light fixture that came with my cage. Can I use this fixture with just the 1 60W bulb in it?
Yes, you can. I believe the zoo med double dome that comes with the kit is rated for 100 watt bulb on both sides of it. But you would have to double check that.

Make sure your not using the screw in compact UVB bulb though. It has been known to cause eye issues and you do not get the UVB coverage you need with it.
What species do you have? I don't want to give UVB advice without knowing lol

Yes, you can. I believe the zoo med double dome that comes with the kit is rated for 100 watt bulb on both sides of it. But you would have to double check that.

Make sure your not using the screw in compact UVB bulb though. It has been known to cause eye issues and you do not get the UVB coverage you need with it.
What species do you have? I don't want to give UVB advice without knowing lol
yeah for sure I have the reptisun 5.0 linear UVB bulb and no compact fluorescent. I have a panther chameleon 3.5 to 4 months old.

yeah for sure I have the reptisun 5.0 linear UVB bulb and no compact fluorescent. I have a panther chameleon 3.5 to 4 months old.
Perfect. Is it a single bulb fixture? And how far is your basking branch from the fixture sitting on the top of the cage?

Perfect. Is it a single bulb fixture? And how far is your basking branch from the fixture sitting on the top of the cage?
the reptisun is single bulb the zoo med is a double dome. I did a temperature reading under the basking bulb and it's 85 degrees in the daytime. as for under the UVB linear I have multiple branches gor basking are at different heights

Attachments

• 20190604_162524.jpg
    20190604_162524.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 113
the reptisun is single bulb the zoo med is a double dome. I did a temperature reading under the basking bulb and it's 85 degrees in the daytime. as for under the UVB linear I have multiple branches gor basking are at different heights
Pretty boy you have there... Yeah so you are doing great. As long as he can be about 8 inches below he should be in the perfect basking range to get the right UVI. Levels. Sounds like you have done your homework as well. :) Nice to see and it is rare here.

With basking just watch him.. If he is gaping then the 85 is too warm for him. Typically juveniles are kept right about 82 ish.

Pretty boy you have there... Yeah so you are doing great. As long as he can be about 8 inches below he should be in the perfect basking range to get the right UVI. Levels. Sounds like you have done your homework as well. :) Nice to see and it is rare here.

With basking just watch him.. If he is gaping then the 85 is too warm for him. Typically juveniles are kept right about 82 ish.
Yeah I definitely will, thanks I try. It's sad that they sell the kits with compact uvb and a blue basking bulb literally labeled specifically for chameleons.. I actually used that for the 1st day until I read more about them. 8 inches? I figured the uvb light only goes down 6 inches because of the screen?

Yeah I definitely will, thanks I try. It's sad that they sell the kits with compact uvb and a blue basking bulb literally labeled specifically for chameleons.. I actually used that for the 1st day until I read more about them. 8 inches? I figured the uvb light only goes down 6 inches because of the screen?
Are you using the T5 fixture or the T8 fixture for the UVB?

Are you using the T5 fixture or the T8 fixture for the UVB?
T8. I thought t5 would be too much for my small cage until i upgrade. I'll link a picture of my setup to see if I need anything else, also a pic of the bulb I used for 5 days before this one came in the mail. He's in the back with some dark colors, I'm assuming because he's basking but he doesn't really get colorful until I get him out of the cage or until it "rains"

Attachments

• 20190613_144532.jpg
    20190613_144532.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 20190613_144607.jpg
    20190613_144607.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 169
T8. I thought t5 would be too much for my small cage until i upgrade. I'll link a picture of my setup to see if I need anything else, also a pic of the bulb I used for 5 days before this one came in the mail. He's in the back with some dark colors, I'm assuming because he's basking but he doesn't really get colorful until I get him out of the cage or until it "rains"
So the T8 has a little less output then the T5 for UVB. So I can't give you an exact there with distances. But when you get your T5 single bulb you will want basking at about 8 inches below.

I would go ahead and work on your cage upgrade sooner then later and go to the 2x2x4... I believe DIY cages has some in stock and dragon strand I believe has an open build right now with availability. These are both better cages then reptibreeze. I prefer dragon strand but I also really like his dragon ledges and drainage pans.

Typically darker colors can mean several things but the two most common things are:
1. they do not feel safe in their enclosure
2. they are darker while basking to get warmer

Really watch how close that top branch is under the basking bulb. He is at a higher risk of thermal burns being right on top of it.

Back
Top Bottom