In need of a new cricket supplier

tucc185

Had it with my old one. Anyone in the Southeast have recommendations for a good bulk cricket vendor who ships? I go through about 4 boxes a month.

I don't know who you buy from now, but I get mine from Lazy H bait in LaBelle Fla. They are on the westcoast and ship. I have never had any problems.

Yeah that's who I was buying from. Without getting into details I'll just say I'm done with them. Looking for a good alternate in the region.

I'm actually in the Northeast, opposite of what your looking for, so sorry if this doesn't help at all...
But I order my crickets online from Ghann's cricket company. They are speedily delivered, NEVER dead, and always easy to contact if I have any questions.
They even called me once when my email confirmation didn't go through to verbally tell me the crickets were on their way!
As a bonus reason to buy there, they had an episode of "Dirty Jobs" filmed there, and you can "see" how your crickets are raised and harvested.
Sorry about your cricket troubles!

Last edited:
I'm in FL too, and order now from Ghann's Cricket Company. I love that I can get everything from them, pinheads to adults for all my kids. They ship very fast, have great prices, and their crickets are great quality.

Yeah that's who I was buying from. Without getting into details I'll just say I'm done with them. Looking for a good alternate in the region.

I am surprised to hear. I have been dealing with them for over three years and no issues.

I am surprised to hear. I have been dealing with them for over three years and no issues.

I've been dealing with them even longer than that and have never had a problem that Brad didn't promptly take care of.

Mike you should give him a call.

Never ordered from Ghans, but heard good things about them. I have used GreatLakesHornworms, and was very impressed. My order came super fast, and the crickets and worms were in great condition.
Lately, I've just be getting the local feed store to order me a 1000 count cricket case when they put in their order. That way I don't have to be home waiting for the mail, and they sit in a nice climate controlled store until I go get them.

You may be in the Northeast but Ghann is out of Augusta, GA.:)

I'm actually in the Northeast, opposite of what your looking for, so sorry if this doesn't help at all...
But I order my crickets online from Ghann's cricket company. They are speedily delivered, NEVER dead, and always easy to contact if I have any questions.
They even called me once when my email confirmation didn't go through to verbally tell me the crickets were on their way!
As a bonus reason to buy there, they had an episode of "Dirty Jobs" filmed there, and you can "see" how your crickets are raised and harvested.
Sorry about your cricket troubles!

Ghanns all the way, if you have Netflix go to the dirty jobs series and look up the ghanns episode. It will show you how they operate.

Scott

I have never had any problems with ghanns or georgia crickets. Both are here in GA.
Ghann carries the striped cricket and GA crickets carries the brown crickets

I'm in the North East and I get mine from flukerfarms.com. I was going to go with Ghanns but I'm not going to pay 21$ for shipping. It's just not going to happen. Fluker has great shipping rates, the crickets arrived super healthy, no dead, the packaging was great, very no hassle, and better yet for 3 day shipping was 2.95$! I know I'm going to continue ordering from them.

I dont know what species of cricks they sell at Flukers, but I do know that Ghanns sells the brown banded cricks, and after haveing all the others, they are the only cricks I will buy.
They are non aggressive, dont stink, not as noisy, and jump like crazy!!

I know when I buy from Ghanns, I will always get the brown banded, if Flukers has the same species, I would switch, and save on shipping.
If not, then I would rather pay the extra $$ and buy from Ghanns.

I dont know what species of cricks they sell at Flukers, but I do know that Ghanns sells the brown banded cricks, and after haveing all the others, they are the only cricks I will buy.
They are non aggressive, dont stink, not as noisy, and jump like crazy!!

I know when I buy from Ghanns, I will always get the brown banded, if Flukers has the same species, I would switch, and save on shipping.
If not, then I would rather pay the extra $$ and buy from Ghanns.

I just looked and they're listed as Acheta domesticus or "house crickets".

Flukers ships out of lousiana if i remember correctly. Im in san antonio tx and have only had a troublesome batch once. Usually we order 1000, half had died, they gave us another full 1000 for free. Just an idea. Not sure what you are paying but flukers is 14.50 per 1000, plus a little for s&h. I know they do boxes of 2000 because we ordered them before. I dont know what the max is though if you go through several thousand a week. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom