In memory of Eugene

lainezor

Hello everyone, you may remember the story of Eugene my 3 year old veiled. I made a really long post on here a few months ago.I took him to a different reptile vet and she had told me it was a bad case of gout and that it is extremely painful for him and I should really consider putting him down.

As much as my heart was broken I knew it was what was right for him. I feel guilty for putting him through all this pain for the last 10 months but I was trying everything under the sun to save him.

He was a trooper. I got him from a very sketchy breeder that, in hindsight, should have been avoided but I fell in love with him and took him home 3 years ago.

During the past 10 months of tests and me trying to cure him I bonded very closely with him. I spent hours outside in the sunlight with him everyday. I feel like a part of me is gone now that he is.

I have one beautiful panther chameleon named Floyd who is almost 4 now and I will be sure to give him extra love and attention. He is healthy as a horse and super grumpy. I also have 2 leopard geckos and a beardie. I think I might some day get another chameleon but that wont be until I am more financially stable.

Its crazy how much these little guys mean to us. I know in my heart I did what is best for him but it still hurts. I know you guys will understand. I just need to vent as I lost my best friend today. May he rest in peace.

Here is a baby picture of him when I first took him home on December 2nd,2013
ZU4sMk4.jpg

And a picture of him all fired up before he started developing lumps. Taken september 6th, 2015.
FFNOUJh.jpg

I am so very sorry for your loss. Eugene was a handsome boy. These little guys are very special and have a way of getting right into your heart really fast. Know that you did all that you could for Eugene.

Sleep tight little man.

OMG...he was a handsome guy...RIP Eugene. Having the heart to put him down even though it hurts shows how much you love him. Love hurts sometimes but memories makes it bearable.

So sorry! Just seeing this and I know how much it hurts to lose one of these amazing creatures. It sounds like he was very loved and I am sure had a wonderful life with you.

Back
Top Bottom