In Loving Memory of Sage

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Sage passed away a little before 5 Wednesday morning September 7th. in the hospital. He had been in and out of the hospital for the past two weeks. They never found out what was wrong with him until the autopsy. My heart is broken once again. He was my best bud and loved to do everything with me. He was only 3 1/2 years old.

Here's what was found in the autopsy so far.

Mike, my husband talked to Dr. Doug about the autopsy when he when to pick up Sage's body Friday morning. Dr. Doug said Sage had pneumonia, an infection on the tip of his chin where he has been rubbing it on his new outside cage. That boy hated to be in a cage. I had been putting Sulfadiazine on it and Dr. Doug saw it in his x-rays but didn't think it was anything. He also said there was an obstruction in his throat, like it was a bend or crooked. He sent a bunch of stuff out to pathology and will call us when he gets the results.

My photo tribute to Sage is below. From the time I got him from Karen at the Chameleon Farm until a month before he passed. Sleep tight little man. I will always love you!!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Jann,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sage was a gorgeous boy. He will be missed! Rest in Paradise little one. :(

What a sad day :( Sage was an incredibly handsome chameleon, and I know how close all your animals are to your heart. RIP, little guy, and all my best thoughts to you, Jann.

Thinking of you, Jann. I know how much you loved Sage, and he was just a magnificent chameleon. RIP little man.

Jann, I am so sorry to hear about your little boy, Sage. When in the midst of a loss, it's difficult to appreciate how incredible fortunate we are to have had these creatures in our lives. Our time with them is so short and yet are hearts are filled for such a long, long time with their memories.

RIP Sage.

Deb

Jann, I am so sorry about Sage. I hope your good memories of him can bring you some comfort. He was a beautiful boy.

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about Sage. He was a gorgeous boy. No doubt he had the best life with you. Positive thoughts your way :(

Jann, I am very sorry for your loss of Sage. He was a true beauty and lived a wonderful life with you. What a wonderful photo tribute.

I'm truly sorry your boy passed :( I'm always amazed at seeing pictures of all your beautiful chameleons and I know you love them all very much, which makes the loss even harder. Goodbye, Sage!

Back
Top Bottom