Improvement with Gular Edema

Saldarya

Established Member
Evening All,

Thought I would share an update.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my girl clearly had Gular edema. I made some adjustments to her supplementation as well as made sure she got some sunshine.

Now my understanding is that it is likely that it does not completely go away (at least in the short term) but it is clearly improving.

a few weeks ago.

Today

I will continue to keep a close eye on her and post any updates.

Thanks all!!

Bobby

Congratulations on the clear up. I have dealt with it a few times. It's an easy fix! More water, sun, gutload feeders with only veggies no protein and they are good to go.

Can you describe the changes to supplementation you made? Maybe give what you were doing before and what you changed?

Thanks

Congratulations on the clear up. I have dealt with it a few times. It's an easy fix! More water, sun, gutload feeders with only veggies no protein and they are good to go.

I have done all of the above and it has not worked with my chameleon!!! My chameleon basically lives outside here in Florida so he gets more than sun than most.

Can you describe the changes to supplementation you made? Maybe give what you were doing before and what you changed?

Thanks

I will break out what I have changed. Some apparently made a difference, some I have no idea.

1. I was dusting food 1x a month with Repashy Vit A supplement. I discontinued that.

2. I did back off all dusting excepting for plain calcium. My normal would have been the standard w/D3 2x month, Herpivite 1x month, indoor Minerall 1x month.

3. Changed gut load on feeders slightly. I had been feeding a heavy amount of mustard, collard, and turnip greens. I moved my main 'wet' gut load to romaine, arugula, and every other week mustard greens.

4. Some extra time outside.

Those are the only changes I made for her. Again, I will continue to update.

Bobby

I have done all of the above and it has not worked with my chameleon!!! My chameleon basically lives outside here in Florida so he gets more than sun than most.

Hey there Carol. To your point I don't believe the outside in and of itself is a factor except to the extent that it likely helps them metabolically and biologically help deal with it internally.

Well, I see some similarities with your previous route and mine. My boy has edema as well. I too used the repashy vit A once a month and my gut load was heavy with mustard greens as they are taking over my garden. So it could be related to vitamin A. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom