Impaction??

Force feeding is the last thing you should do...like only igneous chameleon is sick. It's stressful to force feed them.

Try using a dripper to water him...so you drip water on the very end of his nose at the rate of about one drip per second and when he starts to drink slip a cricket head first BETWEEN HIS TEETH SO HE BITES DOWN ON IT. Hopefully he will eat it.

Not only as said is force feeding bad.

Chameleons don't eat and Can't digest a Carrot.... Your making things worse.

He already ate the bugs which is the only thing he should be eating. So you force fed a carrot Why???

He is probably sleeping due to the MBD. Did you take him to the vent for that yet?

I know you think it's a "Broken Leg" but his casque it's bent too. It's MBD, maybe healed MBD it will never straighten again, BUT, if the MBD is still an issue could cause the sleeping and worsen the compaction issue.

Last edited:
Not only as said is force feeding bad.

Chameleons don't eat and Can't digest a Carrot.... Your making things worse.

He already ate the bugs which is the only thing he should be eating. So you force fed a carrot Why???

He is probably sleeping due to the MBD. Did you take him to the vent for that yet?

I know you think it's a "Broken Leg" but his casque it's bent too. It's MBD, maybe healed MBD it will never straighten again, BUT, if the MBD is still an issue could cause the sleeping and worsen the compaction issue.
Guys, by force feeding I don't mean prying open his mouth. I meant that he hissed, and I slipped some carrot in his mouth. And i read that carrots are good for digestion, so I though it would help the dirt go by. The carrot was a tiny paper thin carrot peel, not a hard carrot. His leg is fine, I guess. I've looked at it from many angles, and it looks straight, and he has a very strong grip. He leaves scabs all over my arms because he grips that hard. So if anything, it is healed MBD.
Update: He pooped, and he hasn't been sleeping during the day (as of this morning). Yesterday he ate two BSFL and a cricket. I think he is doing better now. Since he pooped, I guess he is not impacted. I haven't taken him to the vet, because he is doing a lot better. He is still not as energetic though.

Force feeding is the last thing you should do...like only igneous chameleon is sick. It's stressful to force feed them.

Try using a dripper to water him...so you drip water on the very end of his nose at the rate of about one drip per second and when he starts to drink slip a cricket head first BETWEEN HIS TEETH SO HE BITES DOWN ON IT. Hopefully he will eat it.
He is hydrated, so he won't drink from a pipette. I tried that already.

Also another thing: his urate is light orange. his eyes aren't sunken in, so why are his urates light orange???

Just don't give up. If their environment is good the can recover from many things. I offer no real advice, just hope. On the feeding part I would not worry too much, They can go a while. like 2 weeks if they had too.
He may have had the equivalent of a "bug" when we get sick. I do not know cham illnesses, I assume there must be some.

FYI, for future cham constipation - Dip the tail of a hornworm in some mineral oil (no more than twice a week) and increase hydration.

Said..."
He is hydrated, so he won't drink from a pipette. I tried that already"...a pipettes is different than a dripper....the idea was to get him to open and shut his mouth while he drinks and slip a cricket BETWEEN his teeth while he was drinking so he would get and eat the cricket without you having to force him to eat....so it would be less stressful.

Said..."
He is hydrated, so he won't drink from a pipette. I tried that already"...a pipettes is different than a dripper....the idea was to get him to open and shut his mouth while he drinks and slip a cricket BETWEEN his teeth while he was drinking so he would get and eat the cricket without you having to force him to eat....so it would be less stressful.
I don't get it... maybe I'm using the wrong word? this is what I call a pipette:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pip...ECBcQAw&biw=1623&bih=796#imgrc=yIBTgL1eAPInrM

I used this to DRIP water, but he wouldn't drink. Since he wouldn't drink, he wasn't opening his mouth. since he wouldn't open his mouth to drink, i couldn't slip a feeder in his mouth.

like I said in a previous post, I slipped a feeder in a feeder when he was hissing at me, I didn't pry open his mouth to feed him.

Back
Top Bottom