I'mm going a little crazy!

Kittiekins

New family member coming home soon<333
Her current name is Jewel (thinking of changing it to Mojo though)
Shes a rescue that has been jumping from home to home.
Her current owners are giving me everything that have for her! Custom build cage, lamps, the whole deal!!!! I'm so excited! I just gotta go up and get her<3
She's been living in some pretty bad conditions and have been abused):
Very underfed, as you can see her snake like body in the photo.
Missing parts of her toes from shedding complications. I spent a few days with her to get to know her a little more before telling them I would do it. I fell in love. I guess she was a birthday gift for a young girl and she wasn't taking care of her and she's gone home to home since then. She looks like a little dinosaur<3 I love it!

Attachments

• 911760_10201362702052289_1766051746_n.jpg
    911760_10201362702052289_1766051746_n.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 112
nice addition. she doesnt look bad though, a little thin but not like..malnourished thin.. congrats:D

nice addition. she doesnt look bad though, a little thin but not like..malnourished thin.. congrats:D

She's actually a lot skinnier in real life. They were only feeding her ice berg lettuce for 2 years.):
But I'm super stoked to bring her home! When I went to see her I got her some bananas and strawberries, I think she found a favorite food! She LOVED the banana!

I'm so in love with her<3

Attachments

• 912390_10201362701732281_1869820653_n.jpg
    912390_10201362701732281_1869820653_n.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20130623_163449.jpg
    IMG_20130623_163449.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 112
Give more dandelion, arugula and pumpkin. Ice berg lettuce is totally inappropriate food for iguanas.

She is so small for her age.

I kept iguanas for years. I had a 4.5 foot female that had her own room in our house free range. Feed mostly greens with a small amount of fruits as treats. Its best to feed a variety of 10 things a day. Mine really loved cantelope.

Of iguanas they need high humidity (80%+) and free range it is impossible to be achieved. Without UVB radiation is sick of metabolic bone disease.

Sorry for bad spelling, but English is not my best language.

Of iguanas they need high humidity (80%+) and free range it is impossible to be achieved. Without UVB radiation is sick of metabolic bone disease.

Sorry for bad spelling, but English is not my best language.

Your English is fine, please don't worry about it! I understood what you were saying! :D

As for the Iggy - congrats on your new girl! Mojo is a great name and I'm sure she will repay you with love for giving her such a great forever home! Good luck with her!

Give more dandelion, arugula and pumpkin. Ice berg lettuce is totally inappropriate food for iguanas.

She is so small for her age.

Oh trust me, when I found that out they got an ear full! I guess in her current home the son was the owner and he told his parents their not aloud to have anything but lettuce... sooooo bad! When I brought fruit over and some spinach leafs she went insane!
She was so happy she got more food on her than in her like a toddler having his first piece of cake!

Your English is fine, please don't worry about it! I understood what you were saying! :D

As for the Iggy - congrats on your new girl! Mojo is a great name and I'm sure she will repay you with love for giving her such a great forever home! Good luck with her!

Haha thanks! I'm so excited to be picking her up! Shes not totally happy with people, for obvious reasons of neglect, but after a week with her she finally let me pet her dewlap and was falling asleep to it! When I saw how her son would hold her... my jaw dropped... He just threw his hand in her cage and grabbed her while she was whipping around! He would restrain her to his chest. Saddest iguana I've ever seen. She's got a fairly large cage now, but me and my fiance are moving soon so were looking for houses where we can close off a patio and make it a walk in cage kinda deal. Be able to set up misters, the whole deal! I'm super excited, him- not so much hahah! He's not the biggest reptile fan:)

Back
Top Bottom