im thinking on using silk worms need info

lilj0e

I'm thinking about using silk worm. Can anyone give me some info on them. What is requiered for them and do they hold good nutrition. and if i feed silkworms to cosmo will he like them so much that he wont eat crickets?? any info would help! thanks!!

hermie loves silk worms and does refuse his crickets most of the time... but then again I started feeding them BECAUSE he wouldn't eat crickets. He just loves worms and this was one of the most nutritious ones that I could find for him.

i'm a big fan of these "cups of silkworms" that you can buy. They come with like 50 in a cup with the food and everything. I just bought a petri dish of 500 eggs (I think) and so far they have hatched and are eating and slowly growing. If this works out since Hermie is such an addict I think I will probably goes this route as it's cheaper, but the cups are good for a 'I need 'em now" type situation when you don't want to wait.

Silkworms are great, and the article link Will posted is the best I have seen. I use silkworms and crickets as a staple diet for my panther.

coastal silkworms sells them by the cup and they are well worth it. i order 500 small silkworms and got about a 1000. it was to many to handle but my chameleons enjoyed it. do to the fact that they eat a lot. now i have a couple hundred eggs in my fridge.

I've ordered them (cups) from coastal and mullberry. Personally I think that I perfer coastal. I just got a cup from mullberry -- they were supposed to be 1 inch worms, but are really more like a quarter inch, so I have to wait for them to grow up. But mullberry had a great deal on wax worms (not fed as a staple I know). 250 for 9.95 ... they sell for 10 cents a worm around here.

I ordered a petri dish of 500 eggs from coastal for 9.95 ... and they hatched and are growing .. I'm excited! Hermie is going to be in heaven.

you know if you feed your silkworms fresh mullberry leaves they grow faster then the dry food. let me know if you need any i'll ship some to you at the cost of shipping and package. i did the same for 2by2 and he said they came in pretty good only a few were bad and i gave him a big gallon size bag packed

They are a good source of nutrition for chams. I haven't tried them yet but I will once my cham gets bigger. You can buy silkworms at coastalsilkworms.com. Hope this helps!

psyensics said:
They are a good source of nutrition for chams. I haven't tried them yet but I will once my cham gets bigger. You can buy silkworms at coastalsilkworms.com. Hope this helps!
Silkworms come in all sizes. I feed my pygmy chameleons silkworms even.

Back
Top Bottom