I'm Still Here

Brad Ramsey

Retired Moderator
Just thought I'd post a thread to say hello and let you all know I'm still around and that Kitty, the bugs and myself are all doing well.
It's spring and that takes me away from the computer and into the garden.
I have been checking in periodically but haven't posted in awhile. I feel like I have made some great connections/ friends here and have been feeling neglectful.
Anyway, I'll try to be better about finding time to pop in and add my 2 cents more often.
Kind of a silly thread but .... I'm kind of a silly guy:rolleyes:

-Brad

Here's a pic I took yesterday.
I could post tons more but hate to clog up a chameleon forum with plant pictures......although Kitty does go out there to play when it's sunny.
Perhaps I can sneak in some other garden pics if there is a cham in there:)

-Brad

Last edited:
Those Hibiscus in the back are awesome. Wish mine looked like that in my chams cage. He keeps eating them before they get to bloom. My plant is almost bald.

Wow, Brad, that's a serious water garden! Awesome! My garden looks pathetic...partly 'cause it's been so dry here, partly 'cause I spend so much time on the computer! :rolleyes:

Welcome back! Glad to hear you and Kitty and the bugs are well!

Nice garden....is that sweet woodruff in the front left of the picture? What's the plant in the center front with the big leaves?

I have a wisteria vine in my back yard...its in bloom for the first time right now! Why am I excited....because it took 10 years for it to bloom and I finally know what color it is!

You could have posted a picture of Kitty just to stay on the chameleon topic! (evil grin)

Welcome back, I am new here so I look forward to seeing your input. Amazing garden!!!!:eek:

Kinyonga,

Sorry for the late reply....been out of town (Kitty went too :) ).
Yes that is sweet woodruff and the large leaf plant that is actually coming out of the lower "pond" is Marsh Marigold.
Did you see my Wisteria in the pic? Only 2 years old... we'll move before it blooms, as you know they take 7 to 12 years to do this, so I'll never see it unless I take it with us. (I'll be 50 something by then)!
Back to Kitty....yes, he went on his first vacation, it was just easier than taking him to the babysitter and our timeshare is not too far away.
He did fine, although he was really happy to get back home today.
It really is as bad as having a baby with all you have to pack and take along....dripper, lighting, mister, bugs etc.....
We were in the mountains for 6 days and I worried mostly about my bugs at home since the girl who watches the house, gardens, dogs and cats won't have anything to do with them.
I gave them all dry food and really wet paper towels before leaving and everyone was fine. Mantis' got wet substrate and a few small crickets to tide them over.
Now I know I can leave for a week and they'll be fine.
Blah...blah...blah

-Brad

Brad said..."been out of town (Kitty went too )"...I've never taken one with me on a holiday...but I have taken the odd one along with me on a day trip.

You said..."the large leaf plant that is actually coming out of the lower "pond" is Marsh Marigold"...I should have known that! I used to pick the flowers as a kid.

You said..."Did you see my Wisteria in the pic? Only 2 years old... we'll move before it blooms, as you know they take 7 to 12 years to do this, so I'll never see it unless I take it with us. (I'll be 50 something by then)!"...hmmm...so now I know about how old you are! (evil grin). I didn't notice it. ...but you are right about how long they take to bloom...I've had my two for 10 years now and THEY ARE BOTH IN BLOOM RIGHT NOW! I had forgotten what color they were supposed to be! It was well worth the wait!

Ever heard of pink lily of the valley?? You can't plant it near enough to white that the bees can cross-pollinate it or you will end up with all white.

I have a hibiscus in the garden that has flowers in the fall that are as big as dinner plates. It has to be hilled like a rose.

You said.."Back to Kitty....yes, he went on his first vacation, it was just easier than taking him to the babysitter and our timeshare is not too far away.
He did fine, although he was really happy to get back home today.
It really is as bad as having a baby with all you have to pack and take along....dripper, lighting, mister, bugs etc."....I have too many critters to possibly take with me....well...maybe if I had a bus!

Glad the bugs were okay too! I have a friend who's an entomologist so I bet he would look after my bugs....and turn the whole thing into a study!

Its late...gotta go!

Back
Top Bottom