im starting to question it please help

giaindell

people are telling me that my new jackson male is accually a female. so i took acouple of pictures of both female and supposed male.
they are about 3-4 months old i received them today
the first three pics are of the supposed male
and the last two are of the female

Attachments

• DSCF9696.JPG
    DSCF9696.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCF9706.JPG
    DSCF9706.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF9707.JPG
    DSCF9707.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF9711.JPG
    DSCF9711.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF9710.JPG
    DSCF9710.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 79
By that size a male xanth should have horns about 1/2" long. Sorry, they're definitely both females.

I knew it..sorry to say..but i could tell from the first ones on the last post..my bad for bringin it up, but at least now you know.. :)

Looks like you got 2 females.
The horns for a 3-4 month old male should be more developed than you show in the pictures.

She looks just like my girl. Same colors and all.pic #4 looks like it could be my girls twin. But 2 girls are still ok,get a boy and he will love em long long time. And jacksons have live babies,fun times:D

My new guy looks to be about the same size as your two, and his horns are much larger. He also has visible hemipenal bulges in his tail. I didn't manage to get a good picture of the bulges though.

She looks just like my girl. Same colors and all.pic #4 looks like it could be my girls twin. But 2 girls are still ok,get a boy and he will love em long long time. And jacksons have live babies,fun times:D

Haha I love it. Love them long time, (insert however much a new male will cost) :rolleyes:

Haha I love it. Love them long time, (insert however much a new male will cost) :rolleyes:

My guy lives in the same town as I do and will have 10 jacksons in tomorrow and I pay 75.00$ boy or girl.Was gonna pick me up a boy but can't afford it this week.:(

May sound stupid... if jacksons give live birth, does that mean you don't have to worry about infertile laying? Like other species have infertile clutches, jacksons dont go through this?

okay i dont know if this makes a difference but the "male" has that flare thing thats under "his" chin isnt under the females

May sound stupid... if jacksons give live birth, does that mean you don't have to worry about infertile laying? Like other species have infertile clutches, jacksons dont go through this?

They will also drop unfertilized eggs (yellow pearls ;) ) every once in a while but I've never heard of it leading to the dystocia/egg-binding that takes so many oviparous females' lives.

Back
Top Bottom