Im so proud 🥲

I know it sucks when you set up an enclosure and then find out you need to change something about it but you really need to get the moss out of there and listen to the people that are only trying to help you and your chameleon
I was at work sorry for the late reply I am going to take down the moss I just have been so busy that I haven’t gotten a chance to actually take apart the moss yet. Should I just remove ALL the moss in the enclosure or just the moss on the top sides?

I think it looks great and the moss would add humidity but there is no way that will support the weight of the chameleon. Even if she doesn't eat it which she very well could it will not hold up when she walks around. I use the stuff all the time with my dart frogs and while wet after soaking it in the bucket it has a little strength but it falls apart after it dries. My veiled used to eat the flowers off of hibiscus plants. I would buy this beautiful plant and it would be flowerless in a day.
Thank you for your help I’m going to be taking it down I just don’t know if i should leave that open or use something else because I don’t want to over crowd it with plants just as more maintenance and I didn’t want to over whelm her

Ok well clearly you know it all and are very very experienced in chameleon husbandry and behavior. So I am just going to take my exit.
Did i say that?? no I didn’t so you can take your exit because I was asking questions not boasting
You said it here:

All of it
I literally just said shes never been a bad eater and has never had a problem with eating things that shouldn’t be consumed.

I was at work sorry for the late reply I am going to take down the moss I just have been so busy that I haven’t gotten a chance to actually take apart the moss yet. Should I just remove ALL the moss in the enclosure or just the moss on the top sides?
All of it

Absolutely all of the moss should come down. While we obviously want something that is aesthetically pleasing to our eyes, we do have to take our chameleons needs and safety as our priority. Honestly, I don’t think we can ever add too many plants. Our chameleons seem to enjoy having many places to hide and take shade as their moods dictate. My enclosures all look like overgrown messes at this point, but my chameleons are happy and that’s all that matters to me. Here is one of my veiled lady’s enclosures. Her hibiscus has gone wild and I was about to trim it back, however she took care of that herself and has been eating it bare.
91694917-6896-45A1-A5DB-868345C438CF.jpeg

Absolutely all of the moss should come down. While we obviously want something that is aesthetically pleasing to our eyes, we do have to take our chameleons needs and safety as our priority. Honestly, I don’t think we can ever add too many plants. Our chameleons seem to enjoy having many places to hide and take shade as their moods dictate. My enclosures all look like overgrown messes at this point, but my chameleons are happy and that’s all that matters to me. Here is one of my veiled lady’s enclosures. Her hibiscus has gone wild and I was about to trim it back, however she took care of that herself and has been eating it bare.
View attachment 288665
That looks so good thank you for the feedback :)

Um u are the one who said she wouldnt eat it and that u would just keep an eye on her🤔 good luck with that chameleon
Shut up fr like I politely asked for opinions and have took it into consideration AND I WATCHED HER TO MAKE SURE nothing bad would happen and I eventually took it down because I understood peoples concerns and It was just a process but you honestly went straight with an attitude when all i did was ask a question take what people were saying and used what was said to help me so bye goodnight.

Shut up fr like I politely asked for opinions and have took it into consideration AND I WATCHED HER TO MAKE SURE nothing bad would happen and I eventually took it down because I understood peoples concerns and It was just a process but you honestly went straight with an attitude when all i did was ask a question take what people were saying and used what was said to help me so bye goodnight.
Like I said, good luck

Back
Top Bottom