I'm seriously obsessed with Chameleons now

spatulars

Hey guys, I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been asking a lot of questions. My name is Christen, I live in SE Texas. I'm a waitress and a student currently studying biotechnology/molecular biology.

I've raised lambs, bred rabbits, and worked with horses, llamas, bearkats, and a kangaroo. I also help raise Lake Malawian African Cichlids. And I have a 16-year-old Dalmatian and 2 Dachshunds. And a feral cat.

My boyfriend and I have wanted a chameleon for over a year and a half. We were first captivated by a baby veiled in a fishtank at petco. Before November (when I started looking into chameleon raising), I had no idea that you could buy other types of chameleons. But I had saved my money so I got a baby panther chameleon from Kammerflage Creations on December 20th.

He's 50% ambilobe, 50% blue on blue bar ambanja. He hatched in September (between 3 and 4 months now I think) and my boyfriend named him Walter. I'm interested to see how he inherits his colors.

I'm so happy I found this forum, I've been reading old threads like crazy. I wish I had found this before I got Walter, it would have cleared up some of the ambiguous information available out there.
It's just really awesome how you guys have come together with so much collective knowledge of chameleons.

Thanks for your help, guys, and sorry it takes me three times as long as a normal person to write things.

Oh! I got a silkscreening set for christmas and I couldn't decide what my first t-shirt was going to be of but I decided I'm going to make a chameleon t-shirt. And also I'm going to a reptile convention in Arlington in February.
And saving for my next chameleon, which I will buy next year. I want a Sambava, me thinks.

Greetings and welcome to the forum! I'm new as well, and am delighted to have found this forum.

Welcome! You will find both this forum and chameleons themselves extremely addicting. By the way-I have a degree in Molecular Biology-can't say that I have used it to make any money, but it sure opens your eyes to how the world works!

That's so awesome, I love biology! But yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my degree once I get it either. I don't really want to work in a lab. I'd love to work in a greenhouse though.

So funny-that is what I said-that I didn't want to work in a lab! I was thinking genetic counseling, but then I started having my own kids! I have stayed in research and statistics, just not biological ones! :)

Back
Top Bottom