I'm ready!?

JJchameleon

Hi there,
I have been researching how to look after a panther chameleon, and which products are best to use. I now know exactly what products I am going to use!
Zoo med reptibreeze XL
Zoo med dimmable clamp lamp (for basking bulb)
Zoo med 60w basking spot
Zoo med 30cm t5 fitting (t5 tube included)
1 x thermometer and hygrometer (it's like 2 in 1)
1 x thermometer
pump action hand sprayer
Kricket keeper
Altogether costing £196 ($297)
I am also getting a ficus plant for the enclosure, and a worm bowl :)
Have I forgotten anything?
This is not including food or supplements
All comments appreciated :)

JJ

I don't see a timer -
I would pick up a couple of cheaper "daylight" bulbs in different wattages and skip the Zoo med 60w basking bulb - that way you can dial in what he likes. I've never seen a dimmable clamp lamp - I'm going to have to look for one today - I need to get a couple of new ones. Every reptile basking bulb I've ever bought has burned out in a very short time - while the regular bulbs seem to last forever and work just as well.

Soil (fertilizer and pesticide free) for the plants and a pot or two for those plants
Vines (lll reptile sells 50ft for a dollar a foot, awesome right?), depending on how big your guy is and the plant you may need some extra support for those branches but that can wait. A one outlet timer is about $12 at pet smart, that way routine and schedule of light is provided.
I agree that a symbol house bulb works well as a basking bulb. And it's only 4-5 dollars for 4

Back
Top Bottom