I'm pissed

alexbrock

Why do they keep deleting my picture from the contest? I followed all guidelines and regulations. Any clues?

Here are the rules. I've bolded the rules that are most often not followed.

Also, getting pissed and ranting about it probably doesn't help.

1. Eligibility
    • All registered and active members that meet the qualifications below are encouraged to participate.
    • Contest prize winners must sit out from the following contest. This gives everyone a chance.
    • Contest judges for a particular month may not submit photos to the contest in that same month.
    • For contest eligibility, members within the same household are treated as one member.
    • Contest sponsors may participate in the photo contest. However, in the case that they win, they must choose a prize from a sponsor they are not affiliated with.
  2. General Rules
    • Members may submit no more than one photo per contest.
    • No specific chameleon may win more than two times in the same given year. This is to help provide variety to the set of contest winners.
    • Members must own the full copyright to any photo they enter into the contest. In most cases, members are the photographer of the photos they enter. This does not limit you to pictures of only your chameleons. Photos taken in the wild, in zoos, or other public areas are acceptable.
    • Photos that have previously been a part of other contests or competitions of any kind are not permitted. If you previously entered a contest on this website and did not place, you may re-enter your photo.
    • Winners may be asked to provide their original unedited photo. Failing to do so would result in disqualification.
  3. Image Format
    • File size: Photos must be less than 4MB.
    • Width: Large photos are preferred. Entries must be at least 800 pixels wide.
    • Ratio: [smaller side / larger side]
    • Minimum Ratio: Horizontal photo >= .56, Vertical photo >= .65
    • Accepted image extensions: gif, jpg, png
  4. Image Content
    • Photo must be of a chameleon.
    • The chameleon must be in good health (wild chams excluded).
    • The photo must show signs of good husbandry.
    • Photo must be sharp and in focus.
    • No text or watermarks.
    • No borders.
    • Post processing should not be detectable. Natural looking photos that accurately represent the chameleon species is the goal. Stricty enforced without debate.

Mine was pulled twice at the beginning of the contest and I still have no idea why. It was big enough and followed the theme, but maybe it was too big? I don't know... They did change the theme from water to drinking so maybe that was it too? Is that fair?

Attachments

• DSC01794.jpg
    DSC01794.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 393
Mine was pulled twice at the beginning of the contest and I still have no idea why. It was big enough and followed the theme, but maybe it was too big? I don't know... They did change the theme from water to drinking so maybe that was it too? Is that fair?

I don't see your chameleon eating or hunting! :confused:

I'm sorry but your image was only 550x596.

Hey Brad you are just too nice! What a role model for all of us. Someone gets mad at you goes on the forum and rants about it, and you say I sorry the size was wrong. What a guy!!!:)

Hey Brad you are just too nice! What a role model for all of us. Someone gets mad at you goes on the forum and rants about it, and you say I sorry the size was wrong. What a guy!!!:)

i think it might not have been the theme or something:eek: can you post your pics that were deleted it might help

Brad

I think that you are a very nice person to answer with all of us trying to enter, but once we learn one will never forget how to fix it. Thanks for having that kind of personality. And thanks for all the help on here really learning about veiled chameleons and the 2 babies are doing great with all the help on this forum Thank you Thank you Very much !!! They love Florida weather and eat like little piggies. :cool: baby2by2

Back
Top Bottom