im back.. :)

Neptune11

I have found a 2 or 3 year old panther..he's gorgeous..but once again I have taken on an eye problem..win I got him, you couldn't even see his eye holes..took him to the vet..got ca+ and sum antibiotic drops..over the last 24..I can see the holes open..I had to hand fed him and gave him h2o from my fingers or a dropper..how exacty do u hand feed a chameleon??
Thanx..1 more til the library!!

You have the right tube uv light?, Basking spot, leafy viv, regular mist, gutlaoded insect variety? Vitamins? Antibiotic eye drops? You hold food in front and hope he can see. Force feeding can be unpleasant at first, but would probably be necessary if he loses his sight.......
Good luck saving him, :)

thank u need all the luck in the world..I found him on craigslist for 200..win I seen him..I offered 50 and he accepted..took him to the vet after I left this guys house..he's been on meds 4 24..think I'm doin ok..jus hate to hand feed him..ideas on getting him to open his mouth..

i hand to force feed my guy camo for awhile after he lost his tounge and you can gently pull down on the lower jaw and they will open, its akward and i hated it but sometimes you gotta do what u gotta

i hand to force feed my guy camo for awhile after he lost his tounge and you can gently pull down on the lower jaw and they will open, its akward and i hated it but sometimes you gotta do what u gotta

I had to force feed my water dragon for a while during a respiratory infection.Same method. Try to get a flap of skin at the base of the jaw to gently apply pressure and keep gently pulling until the mouth opens. Nobody will enjoy it, but if the Cham can't see then he'll get over it or starve.....

Yea I noticed today he was easier to feed..I'm gettin about 9 crickets a day down him..do you think that's enough??

it feels weird and wrong, but they usually open the mouth with a slight downward pull..i always hated when ied have to resort to force feed!!

good luck saving his life!

Yea I noticed today he was easier to feed..I'm gettin about 9 crickets a day down him..do you think that's enough??
That's enough - he doesn't even need to eat every day. Every other day would be fine. Does he like worms? Anything for a treat so at least if these were to be his last days he can die happy :)
Sounds like you might not need to force feed after all.........

Back
Top Bottom