I'm back!! Bowser!

The vet has got back to me.

I will copy and paste his response here
"Bowser has gout, which in humans is painful. If he does not look more comfortable after a week or two on Allopurinol, we should consider putting him to sleep"

So the fat lady is singing
Prepare for the worst,and try ur hardest to move on to ur next journey quickly so ur mind will be occupied without looking back(Bowser will be in your memory for a while),u already know u can do this,belive yourself like you always do!!!

The vet has got back to me.

I will copy and paste his response here
"Bowser has gout, which in humans is painful. If he does not look more comfortable after a week or two on Allopurinol, we should consider putting him to sleep"

So the fat lady is singing
Above is option 1,here is the option 2:
If Bowser become better,you should celebrate by treat him like a Groom best friend,make sure he is in the best shape of his life rebuilt from ground 0 and watch him closely like a war zone.help him thru his difficult time,in the mean time ,you can party like a rock star after all who is a champ and champ's best friend...that names together will be "dropanuke n Bowser"

The allopurinol should eventually work...the question is can you change the diet so he doesn't get further attacks?

With humans the attacks become closer together, more likely and can be more painful. Trust me I have it.

Can you put him on allopurinol regiment to prevent the attacks? I'm surprised he prescribed allopurinol...it can make the flair up worse. I'm talking humans here....usually for an acute attack indomethacin is prescribed or colchicine. Allopurinol is usually a daily preventative medicine.

Maybe increasing vegetation will work....animal protein is the major cause of gout...there are some veggies that MAY contribute but the jury is out on that.

Ok, I need the top advice you guys may have!

Most live foods have protein so how do I reduce it?

He eats grapes sometimes but a panther chameleon on veg could be impossible! What can I put in his water to trick him into getting a potential cure into his system?

I know we talk about all the western medicine,but what about the eastern herbs?how did those chameleon survive in the wild??there are no vet out there to exam and diagnostic them.
I had my finger nail for manicure once just to see how it feel from a woman's view,and over heard some conversations from a eastern Asia lady talk about some natural herbal plants,maybe there are some special plants out there to get rid of the problem u have,or to prevent happen again.btw she made my toe curl even she only work with my nail..Eastern mystery(off the topic)

Ok, I need the top advice you guys may have!

Most live foods have protein so how do I reduce it?

He eats grapes sometimes but a panther chameleon on veg could be impossible! What can I put in his water to trick him into getting a potential cure into his system?

I would try to avoid feeders that are known to be higher in protein than others, like dubia roaches. I hope the medication kicks in and eases his discomfort. I don't think I'd put the medicine in his water. It will dilute it, and you won't know how much he actually ingested. I think injecting it in a feeder, or putting it in his mouth while he's eating might be the better route.

Ok according to the little Phoenix,here is what she find for me,i would like to share this with all u guys.Kids under 15 should have adult supervision for these herbs,and dont try this at home,cause it might smell very strong.
"Ermiao wan"
A study published in the 2004 Journal of Ethnopharmacology reports how the Chinese herb Ermiao wan reduces swelling and edema; and, is being used in China to treat gout patients and those with hyperuricemia, or elevated uric acid levels. This herb is available from Chinese herbalists and practitioners and should only be used under the supervision of a qualified Doctor of Oriental Medicine.

"Meadow saffron"
Meadow saffron produces the alkaloids colchicine and colchicoside, both possessing analgesic and diuretic properties that relieve gout pain, inflammation and edema, or water retention around affected joints. Colchicine is also found conventional pharmaceutical drugs for gout treatment. Patients taking colchicine in any form must be carefully supervised by a knowledgeable health practitioner due to its level of toxicity.

"Dandelion"
Another herb used to relieve gout pain in both TCM and in Western herbal medicine is dandelion. Herbalists use dandelion for its diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties. Make into a tea or an herbal poultice for a topical application in gout. Dandelion also reduces swelling and edema around joints. It stimulates the excretion of uric acid, the cause of gouty arthritis.

"Burdock root"
Burdock root reduces inflammation and swelling in the tissues. It is indicated when there are swollen tissues around joints and as a natural diuretic that helps to reduce edema. Brew the root into a tea or use as a poultice for topical applications. The root is edible and can be cooked like carrots or parsnips, or eaten raw on salads. There have been reports of adverse reactions when used topically, reports Urban Herbs. It some cases it may cause a rash or contact dermatitis.

"Blood-letting cupping"
Although, not popular in the West, and one that went out of fashion over one hundred years ago, the use of blood-letting or cupping is once again in use in China to treat gout, reports the Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2010. A study of 34 participants suffering from acute gout was completed using blood-letting cupping combined with Chinese herbs. The results indicated that 21 of the 34 cases improved under this treatment method, which is considered a satisfactory treatment for gouty arthritis. Consult a trained practitioner and do not self-treat with blood-letting cupping for gout.
Any vegetarian or herbalist,alchemists please provide ur opinion for this,cause Im not ready to attend a chameleon funeral during these holiday season at all!!

By the way the dosage should use vey small amount for the chameleons if you find the suitable choice....it might awake the Dragon and start its healing process like the return of Bruce Lee!!

I'm going to give it a go man!!

I can at least update the forum with results so at least everyone can know if it works or not! Sounds harsh but from that point of view other chams can be saved in the future

Ok my friend.make sure you take a lot of pictures and videos,he aint got that long to live,dont let him suffer , stay by his side as much as you can,casket,flower whatever its necessary u need be prepared,unless he felt your presence,he decide to heal under your tender care,may the force be with you,Merry Xmas to u and Bowser!!!

dropanuke said..."I am going to dip locusts in cod liver oil.

I can't see that causing any harm to him"
Why are you going to do this? Cod liver oil has prEformed vitamin A and D3 in it.

dropanuke said..."I am going to dip locusts in cod liver oil.

I can't see that causing any harm to him"
Why are you going to do this? Cod liver oil has prEformed vitamin A and D3 in it.
I'm pretty sure oil is good to aid making the joints more supple.

Dip them in a bit of oil and dust them?

I'm pretty sure oil is good to aid making the joints more supple.

Dip them in a bit of oil and dust them?
The reason his joints hurt, is from the crystals that form from having gout. I don't believe the cod liver oil will help with that. I would also heed Kinyonga's advice about the cod liver oil having Vitamin A and D3 in it. You don't want to add to your guy's problem by overdosing him on Vitamin A or D3.

Back
Top Bottom