I'm a newbie to chameleons....

Kittyrocc

Hi everyone!!!

I am completely new to the Chameleon world... :D I just got a baby veiled chamy... I was told he's 2-3 months old... I just aboslutely love him!!! I am obsessed with him... I just want to make sure I am doing aboslutely what is ideal for him... I have researched everything I can about them... I have him in a screen reptile cage (forgot the name), he has a basking lamp, a UV lamp (repti sun 5.0, I am changing it this weekend because I read the linear lamps are better), he has a dripper, and he gets misted 2-3 times a day, he is eating about 10-15 crikets a day...(they get fed apples, potato, celery, zuchinni, and gutload), he also is placed in partial full sun on Saturday and Sunday.... Please if anyone can suggest something better or anything... I would really appreciate it...

I want the absolutely best for him :D

I already am CRAZY about himmm :p

welcome to the forums.

you seem to be doing quite well. I would gutload your crickets better with some kale or dandilion for the added calcium.
other wise, keep up the great work...and POST SOME PHOTOS. :D

Harry

I supplement with reptical phosphorus free calcium 3x's a week and reptical D3 2x a month... is that okay?

Thanks for the replies.... I will post some pics later today!!! He's soooo cute... I swear I could spend hours just watching him...

also get a multivitamin to dust with a couple of times a month. And you can up the calcium without d3 to every day instead of 3 times a week. Welcome to the obesssion!!!! lol!

I supplement with reptical phosphorus free calcium 3x's a week and reptical D3 2x a month... is that okay?

Thanks for the replies.... I will post some pics later today!!! He's soooo cute... I swear I could spend hours just watching him...

welcome to the forum. You have came to the right place, lots of chameleon knowledge available here, but the down side is, I really hate to be the one to tell you this but you are addicted. It is sad but true, we all share the same addiction, and as with most addictions, it will only get worse. Most of us planned to have one one chameleon and now - well I have more than one.:eek:

welcome to the forum. You have came to the right place, lots of chameleon knowledge available here, but the down side is, I really hate to be the one to tell you this but you are addicted. It is sad but true, we all share the same addiction, and as with most addictions, it will only get worse. Most of us planned to have one one chameleon and now - well I have more than one.:eek:

Oh yes, tis true!!! I'm a newbie to chams too. Everything I know now I owe to this lot!! Already obsessed and secretly thinking of what type of female to get....and I already have a name for her.........but SSSHHHHHHH!!:rolleyes:

Got my lil panther Simba yesterday.....WHOA!! was it only yesterday!?!?!?!?
Feels like he's been here ages LOL

Oh yes and you have to get pics on here or I know many who will be knockin at your door!! LOL

Welcome to our humble abode ;)

You are absolutely correct, I am addicted!!! I can't stop starring at him, it's pretty bad I even wake up in the middle to the night to check on him or I can't believe I am saying this but thinking of him.... ;)... I already said I am getting another one... even thought I originally said "only one" yeah right...

I really appreciate everyone's advise...I really want him to succeed!!

I concur on the being addicted part. I've only had my 4 week old male veiled for a week (first cham ever) and I'm already thinking about breeding him and all that stuff.
My name is Jessica and I'm addicted to chameleons. :p

Back
Top Bottom