If you are squeamish on dubia, dont check out this thread.

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast

Well its been a few days since they have had veggies, but today i got mango peels and babby carrots for them. I gotta say im normally not weirded out by bugs, but this is approaching the limit.

Next we can play the game "spot the mini mealworm cleaner crew".

Last edited:
Since we are on this topic. Cleaner crews. When do they get out of hand? I just added a small amount of both Dermestid and Lesser Mealworm Cleaners to my 60 female 11 male, 200+ nymph colony

Look those teeny weeny ones!
(Sorry...I'm from Canada and we can't keep them here so I've never seen little ones!)!

We can’t keep Dubia but there is a few types we can have since they already exist here. The only ones I would get are Surinam roaches though.

View attachment 245648

Well its been a few days since they have had veggies, but today i got mango peels and babby carrots for them. I gotta say im normally not weirded out by bugs, but this is approaching the limit.

Next we can play the game "spot the mini mealworm cleaner crew".

Hell i stick my arm in and let them crawl on me. Love dubias. I keep hissers as pets as well. I never get them out in these kinds of numbers if its not in the middle of the night though. They hide if im around.

@Lennoncham ....trouble is we cam also end up being infested with the ones here more easily too. :(
Im in ohio. I cull the herd by just throwing them out in the back yard if i get a population explosion and not enough mouths. Never had an ingress in 8 years. But i thought there was only 2 states that they could survive all year round. I love hearing about "oh a queen got out and she could have infected the whole house" Im like "i tossed her a queen and she missed and ran under the bed, better get another queen".

I’m so debating on buying a couple male and females, but I’m scared. What happens once I open the big black box? Are they doing to fly out and invest my house?

I’m so debating on buying a couple male and females, but I’m scared. What happens once I open the big black box? Are they doing to fly out and invest my house?
Dubia? Dubia don't fly or climb slick surfaces. Yeah, the males have wings, but they seem to be purely decorative. Very easily contained.

Back
Top Bottom