If these are wrong...

kinyonga

Chameleon Queen
Last edited:
(Concerning the fat)
IMHO, they should be corrected...
"In captivity, in extremely overfed and obese chameleons, after the body cavity is filled with a huge fat body and liver is fat-degraded and tripple in size or bigger, the casques are often convex to bulged and heavily deformed. The content of this swelling is subcutaneous fat and heavily hypertrophied chewing muscle."
https://www.chameleons.info/l/a-myth-unleashed-casques-are-not-used-for-water-storage-in-chameleons/

He already said he does not care to correct it after I suggested that he do so. Granted he is also not willing to show proof of testing to show that it is in fact not fat but muscle... He just likes to make his statements and thinks that should be enough because of his ego around who he is.

Honestly it is pointless in my opinion to even comment on what he suggests at this point. Nothing comes out of it except his high and mighty attitude. This to me is not teaching... it is preaching. I can not learn from someone who does not have the respect for me to be willing to teach fully and provide in depth explanation.

Funny you should post this video. Way back when he published it. My spider sense was tingling when he mentioned all the "fat" "in" the muscle of the legs. I even mentioned "i never knew lizards marbled fat in the muscles like the Japanese beef cows".

In my brain lizards are just like people. They have subcutaneous(just under skin) fat, and "fat pads" or just certain sections on internals (humans have a visceral line of fat behind the abs).

I dont know whats in their heads. The casque could have a thin layer of unusable fan muscle. But what is inside of it? It can get poofy with infection, it can completely fall off from a burn. I kinda want to know if is a sinus, if its full of something(fat, muscle, water, etc), that thing is very heavy.

Yes, but did you happen to notice the author of that article? ?

You ever notice there is no "author" or "source" or "date researched". Every article is just a publish date, and a broad umbrella of who owns the site at the bottom of every page. It doesnt say that the big P's friend did the field report / study in 1998 and P did the write up. It just says P's website posted it in 2019...

You ever notice there is no "author" or "source" or "date researched". Every article is just a publish date, and a broad umbrella of who owns the site at the bottom of every page. It doesnt say that the big P's friend did the field report / study in 1998 and P did the write up. It just says P's website posted it in 2019...

well why would a scientist have a peer reviewed scientific study. That’s just a waste of time. Might as well just say what you think then change your mind in a year.

Lets be honest, you would question the decisions of both species for the same reasons, for the first 4-5 years of life. "just eat it". "why did you do that?"
TBH, I would question whether both species actually make conscious decisions during early stages of life. Many (most?) "decisions" are likely made for them. :)

But it wasn't that anyway. It was just my reaction to the way those phrases jumped out at me this morning... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom