If the heatwave isn't enough ...

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
poor Amy is shedding too! She's really not happy, bless her, and hasn't wanted so much to eat today either. Luckily the room she's in is cool compared to the rest of the house and outside. This is her second shed since I've had her. During her first, I was at work so I missed her doing her face and body. I just came home from shopping and she's sat on top of her umbrella plant, twisting, stretching and yawning to try and remove the shed! It's so funny to watch, but I feel sorry for the poor little girl - it must be so itchy and uncomfortable for her! When I left home about an hour ago she had a white bit on the end of her nose and on her 'eyebrows' and I got back to find her looking like a Mummy with flakey arms, back and face, lol!:D

Youre lucky you got a heat wave! In northern Illinois the high is 64 degrees today!!! And its July it feels like April!

Anyways good luck to your cham, Im sure she'll be fine;)

Tiff I have a shedding baby right now also. Smidg is shedding and she is growing a very tiny bit.

Also my first veiled hatched from the next clutch, here we go again!

Awww poor Amy, hopefully she has finished now? How exciting still! I havent caught Peanut doing the yawning and twisting. I feel like i'm missing out, hehe

She'll be right as rain tomorrow :D

G & KP :p

Well, she only started the shed at lunch time. She has done her whole face spine and front legs. The rest is still hanging off - its lights out here now. It still amazes me how quick they shed when they are tiny!

I did have a 'precious moment' with Amy today though. :D She managed to get a bit of shed stuck in both eyes at the same time and kept on bulging her eyes and blinking and screwing them up real tight. Then she just sat there with her eyes screwed up.:eek: Needless to say, I had a bit of a panic, lol! Out came the misting bottle for another misting session to see if she could shift it.

Well the misting didn't help much so i put my hand in her cage and coaxed her onto my hand. Straight away she started rubbing her eyes on my hand and fingers, just like Lily used to. It was a very moving 'breakthrough' moment for me. :D

She sat in my hand and kept bulging and blinking her eyes and I carried her to the conservatory where we sat together in the sun for a while. Every so often she would rub here eyes against my fingers. After about half an hour, I put her back in her cage and misted her again. Within minutes the other eye was clear of shed too. What a relief for the both of us!:D

It's so funny to watch, but I feel sorry for the poor little girl - it must be so itchy and uncomfortable for her!

I think it might actually feel terrific to shed...(at least I'd like to think so!) Like after work, you get out of your work clothes and spring back to life!

Tiff; You are lucky to be home with your baby. I have been out of town on vacation for over two weeks now and miss my babies sooooo much. I go home tomorrow night and will see them Fri. morning. My pet sitter tell me my guys are also shedding. Jann

Zee shed last week and he looked so pitiful, his coloring was unusual too. It was brownish red. right now he is on his jade plant trying to eat the big leaves, before he ate to small new leaves. He is also playing hide and seek. He just doesn't know I can see all the time though :).

Back
Top Bottom