If only I knew then...

Ekaj13

I thought it would be fun if we all shared one thing we wish we would have known when we first started in the hobby. I'm by no means an expert, and I hope to learn something from you guys. I'll start:

I wish I knew how important knowing the bloodlines of panthers was when I first started. I have two chameleons I bought at a reptile show. One is a female, and I have no idea what she is...

I wish I would have known exactly how MUCH water I was going to have to go through every day in misting my chameleon! I would have had something set up to drain it all better, especially in a rented apartment with carpet! That was the biggest surprise to me, so now I make sure I let new parents know.

Olimpia- that's totally true! Despite constantly trying to fix my drainage issues, it seems I get a new puddle on my wood floors every week. :)

I used to go through about 5 gallons a day with my jackson's, because he drank so much. What am I supposed to do with 5 gallons if I don't have anything set up for that? :D:D I wish someone would have told me! Now I have a proper drainage system set up but I sure could have used it over a year ago when I started with chameleons.

If I only knew how expensive it would be to feed my chameleon! I am not one to get into the breeding aspect of all the different bugs they eat. No thanks!I thought when I first got him...great 500 crickets....$14 shipped to my door. No problem!!! Now its the silks, the horns, the supers, phoenix worms...etc!!! Ka ching!!!$$$$$

If I only knew how expensive it would be to feed my chameleon! I am not one to get into the breeding aspect of all the different bugs they eat. No thanks!I thought when I first got him...great 500 crickets....$14 shipped to my door. No problem!!! Now its the silks, the horns, the supers, phoenix worms...etc!!! Ka ching!!!$$$$$

WC insects are free!!!!!!:D

No doubt! I spend more on feeders for 8 pygmies and a Werner's than I do for all my dogs and cats. That's crazy!!!

if I had known how amazing they are I wouldn't have waited so long (tho it's probably best I did)

Back
Top Bottom