Ideas to bring down humidity?

CodyJ108

So I’m currently setting up to get a Panther chameleon in the future, and something I’ve been heavily concerned about it humidity being too high. Being in Florida, the humidity can get pretty high, typically about 60-75% indoors as high points. It can also go low to about 45-55% at night.

Nighttime humidity doesn’t scare me as often, as nighttime misting will bring that up higher (from what I understand you want humidity to be higher at night). What concerns me is the daytime humidity.

I thought about getting a dehumidifier, and I’m not really worried about how much it may cost. I’ve even found some that have built in sensors and regulate to a specific humidity %. But the issue with all of the good ones I’ve seen is that they seem to be pretty noisy. See, this chameleon is going to be in my bedroom with me, so I’d rather not deal with noise like that when I’m home.

I just wanted to see what everyone else suggests for this. I’m also going to include some graphs of the humidity that I’ve collected the past little while for a better idea!

Attachments

• 9A7CB2E0-920F-4479-867B-F4B0DC14BA12.jpeg
    9A7CB2E0-920F-4479-867B-F4B0DC14BA12.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 58
  • F1188F82-A396-49ED-B31F-D0001195F8DE.jpeg
    F1188F82-A396-49ED-B31F-D0001195F8DE.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DACB0969-E672-4C96-942D-BDEB60918D56.jpeg
    DACB0969-E672-4C96-942D-BDEB60918D56.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 58
Ideal humidity for panthers is between 50-70%, so what you’re getting is perfect. At night you can use a cool mist humidifier to raise humidity. Also, don’t forget the addition of live plants and misting will substantially increase humidity. Running your ac will of course, decrease humidity. I have a dehumidifier, but have rarely needed to use it & I’m I’m central FL.

Ideal humidity for panthers is between 50-70%, so what you’re getting is perfect. At night you can use a cool mist humidifier to raise humidity. Also, don’t forget the addition of live plants and misting will substantially increase humidity. Running your ac will of course, decrease humidity. I have a dehumidifier, but have rarely needed to use it & I’m I’m central FL.
Quick question.. do you use a mistking? And if so, what's your schedule because i live in Central FL also. I've noticed the room my cage is in stays between 40%-50%. Peaks up to 80% (right after a misting) but doesn't last too long .. AC seems to kill humidity !! 😂

I do use a Mist King. I run it for three 2 minute sessions from lights on to lights off and then have two 15 second sessions during the night to boost humidity. My humidity stays around 50% during the day as I need to compromise between my veileds and panther.

I do use a Mist King. I run it for three 2 minute sessions from lights on to lights off and then have two 15 second sessions during the night to boost humidity. My humidity stays around 50% during the day as I need to compromise between my veileds and panther.
Thank you for the response. Do you use a regular screen cage or Dragonstrand hybrid ? I just recently upgraded to the hybrid so trying to make sure I don't have the humidity too high. Florida humidity is high as it is lol

Back
Top Bottom