Idea to help save some Petco chameleons.

DonKeesh

Chameleon Enthusiast
What if we all start putting chameleonacademy.com or Neptune the chameleon stickers on the chameleon cages at our local Petco. This could ideally be done with the permission of the store but I'm not opposed to guerilla tactics lol. I think it would encourage shoppers to go to the website and maybe even remind the workers to promote better care. Just an idea, what do you all think... I'm tired of seeing Petco chameleons die.

What if we all start putting chameleonacademy.com or Neptune the chameleon stickers on the chameleon cages at our local Petco. This could ideally be done with the permission of the store but I'm not opposed to guerilla tactics lol. I think it would encourage shoppers to go to the website and maybe even remind the workers to promote better care. Just an idea, what do you all think... I'm tired of seeing Petco chameleons die.
Not sure if the national chain management would be open to it. I tried just taking in flyers with proper info and links and was told they were not allowed to give anything other than petco approved materials.

I’ve thought about discretely stuffing a basic care sheet into the death kit boxes. My insane little mind even thought about offering to give my local store a chameleon basic care workshop. That would only work if Petco actually stocked the items needed, like XL Reptibreeze’s, calcium without D3 and T5’s. The whole problem though is too big and needs to be addressed at corporate levels, not just Petco but ZooMed. If ZooMed got rid of the useless crap in the death kit and added a T5 or even a T8, the problem wouldn’t be as bad.

Petco tried to get me to buy a heat rock for my veiled cham

My petco takes better caer then most newbies. They get right uvb and dripper. They just feed trash at mine. Now the petsmart is death trap by me so much humidity you can't see in cages. I think it comes down to who runs the store. Not saying you should buy one from petco cause I'm not and wouldn't cause they knw just about nothing about them. But it goes back to if people didn't buy them they wouldn't have them. We have a local petstore that won't carry chameleons because they say there to expensive to house and to many problems that come up. They why breeders is the way to go

How much does petco/petsmart care about simple things like google reviews? If it's a lot then I wonder if one of the best and easiest things you could do is post a 1-2 star review about the condition of the animals, care sheets, and how to fix it. Enough reptile owners do it and crash the rating there might be some type of change.

You'd think that with all the expense a chameleon setup requires, these chains would love to sell people all the equipment. Plus a potential subscription service of food.

Back
Top Bottom