Ice cubes?

Tyaeda

Established Member
So, I got to thinking today about drippers for my enclosure. I tried the hole-in-a-cup deal, but couldn't get the drip I want (either too little or too much) and I'm not going out to spend $5 on a company's take on the concept, so I was thinking about just placing ice cubes on top of the cage. I know chams prefer warmer water than that of which comes off of ice cubes, but I'd like him to be able to drink whenever he wants, and not just after I mist him. On hot and dry days we mist him once every 2 hours at least, and we can't always be home to do that.

Is anyone here as cheap as I am, and use ice cubes as drippers? If so, what's the pros and cons?

Try putting ice in a home made dripper. That is what I do when I work. ( I work at a high school so I'm off for the summer) I fill up my dripper with ice at 6 am and its just finishing when I get home at 4pm. Just an idea....hope this helps..:D And yes, I refuse to pay for a dripper. I will just keep trying until I get the drip like I want it. I have been looking for the little valve used to control the drip thingy like the drippers that you can buy have but I'm not having luck finding one. :eek:

Try putting ice in a home made dripper. That is what I do when I work. ( I work at a high school so I'm off for the summer) I fill up my dripper with ice at 6 am and its just finishing when I get home at 4pm. Just an idea....hope this helps..:D And yes, I refuse to pay for a dripper. I will just keep trying until I get the drip like I want it. I have been looking for the little valve used to control the drip thingy like the drippers that you can buy have but I'm not having luck finding one. :eek:

That's a good idea. I poked a tiny hole in a small water bottle, that seemed to be ok, after i made something for it to sit on. I'll try freezing one overnight tonight and trying it out tomorrow. If it lasts all day, that would be awesome!

I think the term is control valve, or adjustable flow valve... I found one here on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Lasco-15-5656P-4-Inch-Control-Fittings/dp/B0091D3UFE

Back
Top Bottom