I think something going on

GDiggs

I have a Veiled Chameleon female only 5-6 months old, we have had he got her maybe about a little over a month ago.
She had been eatting crickets, Dubai’s and super worms.
She is a a screen cage and it has plenty of fullage.
She started her first shed yesterday and i helped by spraying warm water on her: treated wateriy helped but today she work up dark and really unhappy....
I don’t know what to do: I did notice she took a few bites from a live plant in her home but she has been drinking and eating just fine. Her cage is well in the 79-80 range

She just sits high up with her eyes closed ....
When I’m not trying to feed her

Attachments

• 87CA4818-B7B1-413A-ADF9-E01268B85FC4.jpeg
    87CA4818-B7B1-413A-ADF9-E01268B85FC4.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 41B97AE5-96EA-4A63-9ABF-ADAEAABCF890.jpeg
    41B97AE5-96EA-4A63-9ABF-ADAEAABCF890.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 5B60A67D-2879-4A90-85A1-45CDE90D7E44.jpeg
    5B60A67D-2879-4A90-85A1-45CDE90D7E44.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 144
DON’T SPRAY WITH WARM WATER, IT’S HOT TO THEM! Could you fill out the ask for help form in my signature below. Do you have a trusted exotics vet with cham experience nearby?

Yes already have a laying bin in there !
Yes I do I just didn’t know I should get her there now or see how she does
What signature I’m sorry I looked for it before I posted but that’s I entered the information i did
She just turned a light green with brown still

Let's please be careful with abusing the caps lock button... We don't want to scare people away by yelling. It comes off rude and accusatory and will not help the OP open up to us. A little compassion goes a long way when offering advice (as I have to remind myself on the daily :cautious:).

Anyway, here's the form if you just want to copy/paste it from here:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Let's please be careful with abusing the caps lock button... We don't want to scare people away by yelling. It comes off rude and accusatory and will not help the OP open up to us. A little compassion goes a long way when offering advice (as I have to remind myself on the daily :cautious:).

Anyway, here's the form if you just want to copy/paste it from here:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I didn’t mean it like that, so I’m very sorry if it came off that way. In the future, just use room temperature water. Again, I apologize.

What signature I’m sorry I looked for it before I posted but that’s I entered the information i did
The signature is what’s below someone’s question/response

Attachments

• 72B35259-D3DB-4724-AE37-97E2BE47DB93.jpeg
    72B35259-D3DB-4724-AE37-97E2BE47DB93.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 121
I have a Veiled Chameleon female only 5-6 months old, we have had he got her maybe about a little over a month ago.
She had been eatting crickets, Dubai’s and super worms.
She is a a screen cage and it has plenty of fullage.
She started her first shed yesterday and i helped by spraying warm water on her: treated wateriy helped but today she work up dark and really unhappy....
I don’t know what to do: I did notice she took a few bites from a live plant in her home but she has been drinking and eating just fine. Her cage is well in the 79-80 range

She just sits high up with her eyes closed ....
When I’m not trying to feed her

• Your Chameleon - Feamle veleied, 5-6months I’ve had her a little over a month
  • Handling - Has not come to me yet
  • Feeding - Crickets Dubai’s and super worms -10-14 med crickets per day she was underweight and feed at firsts, small Dubai’s she has warmed up too and she eats about two per day around 1-2 along with 1 -2 small supers , crickets are in there first thing in the am and other’s once again around lunch time.. Apples and cricket feeder
  • Supplements - Zoo med reptivie vitamins with our d3 everyday and same brand W d3 once a month , I use the zoo med water treatment blue soloution
  • Watering - I currently have the dripper system I missed once in the morning and once at night and I only missed for about 2 to 3 minutes, Yes I see my chameleon drinking
  • Fecal Description - She has been consistently see Clint and her fecal matter always has a nice part of white in it along with brown or black
  • History - I don’t know much about much Chameleon other than when I got it which was overpowering her for food so when I got her she was definitely under weight and under fed

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I currently have a 16 x 16 x 13 open air black aluminum screen cage
  • Lighting - I am currently using the tropical UVB and heat lighting kit that came with my chameleon set it also has a 5.0 UV the ball and a 60 W blue light bulb her lights running from normally 6 AM to 6 PM or from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM
  • Temperature - The top of your home is normally between 81 to 83 and the bottom of her cage is normally from 71 to 75
  • Humidity - her humidity range fluctuates between 50 to 70 I have a pointer gage What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Croton
  • Placement - The cage is located on the wood stand next to my nightstand right next to a window where it’s properly ventilated it is not in a direct location of a fan or swamp cooler vent .... It is as tall as about 5’7 the top of it once it is on the stand
  • Location - I am in Tucson AZ

If your using an iPhone in the vertical position the signatures are not displayed. You have to turn the phone sideways to see the signatures.

• Your Chameleon - Feamle veleied, 5-6months I’ve had her a little over a month
  • Handling - Has not come to me yet
  • Feeding - Crickets Dubai’s and super worms -10-14 med crickets per day she was underweight and feed at firsts, small Dubai’s she has warmed up too and she eats about two per day around 1-2 along with 1 -2 small supers , crickets are in there first thing in the am and other’s once again around lunch time.. Apples and cricket feeder
  • Supplements - Zoo med reptivie vitamins with our d3 everyday and same brand W d3 once a month , I use the zoo med water treatment blue soloution
  • Watering - I currently have the dripper system I missed once in the morning and once at night and I only missed for about 2 to 3 minutes, Yes I see my chameleon drinking
  • Fecal Description - She has been consistently see Clint and her fecal matter always has a nice part of white in it along with brown or black
  • History - I don’t know much about much Chameleon other than when I got it which was overpowering her for food so when I got her she was definitely under weight and under fed
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - I currently have a 16 x 16 x 13 open air black aluminum screen cage
  • Lighting - I am currently using the tropical UVB and heat lighting kit that came with my chameleon set it also has a 5.0 UV the ball and a 60 W blue light bulb her lights running from normally 6 AM to 6 PM or from 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM
  • Temperature - The top of your home is normally between 81 to 83 and the bottom of her cage is normally from 71 to 75
  • Humidity - her humidity range fluctuates between 50 to 70 I have a pointer gage What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Croton
  • Placement - The cage is located on the wood stand next to my nightstand right next to a window where it’s properly ventilated it is not in a direct location of a fan or swamp cooler vent .... It is as tall as about 5’7 the top of it once it is on the stand
  • Location - I am in Tucson AZ
Have you read the veiled care sheet here? If not, I can link it for you. Supers should be only added for occasional variety or as a treat. If she’s underweight, add some wax worms to bulk her up. Silkworms are super healthy, if you want more feeder options, and hornworms are great for hydration. What gutload are using besides apples, I didn’t understand what you wrote. She needs phosphorous free calcium without D3 daily, phosphorous free calcium with D3 twice monthly, and a multivitamin twice monthly. I would try to mist at least one more time daily. Once you get the money, invest in an automated mister and a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture. I’m assuming you mean the cage is 30 inches tall. Eventually, she’ll need a minimum cage size of 18” by 18” by 36”. Take out the blue bulb and replace it with a white light incandescent heat bulb from the hardware store. The basking could be a bit higher temp. I use a digital electric hydrometer/thermometer from the hardware store to measure ambient temp and humidity and a temp gun for the basking spot (make sure to account for the height of your cham when measuring basking). Crotons can be irritating to veileds if they eat it, but then again, so can pothos. I would add some more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, in her enclosure and make sure at least one or two touch the sand in the lay bin

Have you read the veiled care sheet here? If not, I can link it for you. Supers should be only added for occasional variety or as a treat. If she’s underweight, add some wax worms to bulk her up. Silkworms are super healthy, if you want more feeder options, and hornworms are great for hydration. What gutload are using besides apples, I didn’t understand what you wrote. She needs phosphorous free calcium without D3 daily, phosphorous free calcium with D3 twice monthly, and a multivitamin twice monthly. I would try to mist at least one more time daily. Once you get the money, invest in an automated mister and a t5HO linear uvb bulb and fixture. I’m assuming you mean the cage is 30 inches tall. Eventually, she’ll need a minimum cage size of 18” by 18” by 36”. Take out the blue bulb and replace it with a white light incandescent heat bulb from the hardware store. The basking could be a bit higher temp. I use a digital electric hydrometer/thermometer from the hardware store to measure ambient temp and humidity and a temp gun for the basking spot (make sure to account for the height of your cham when measuring basking). Crotons can be irritating to veileds if they eat it, but then again, so can pothos. I would add some more branches and vines, mostly horizontal, in her enclosure and make sure at least one or two touch the sand in the lay bin

II am very familiar with the Chamaeleon field here list I’m on here all the time.
I also have a blog that I post where I update my process on my care of her, she was underweight and per vet advice I did not with hold food from her to get her up to weight which she almost about there... I’ll check aboit this I didn’t think about it The basking could be a bit higher temp. I use a digital electric hydrometer/thermometer from the hardware store to measure ambient temp and humidity and a temp gun for the
basking spot (make sure to account for the height of your cham when measuring basking).she has all of this

Attachments

• EC4B447A-001B-4A30-BED3-ED9E134311CD.jpeg
    EC4B447A-001B-4A30-BED3-ED9E134311CD.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 105
I am very familiar with the Chamaeleon are list I’m on here all the time. I also have done my research before getting her.
I have a blog that I post on here where I update my process on my care of her, and look for feedback.... FYI she was underweight and per vet advice I did not with hold food from her : if she was hungry I feed her : to get her up to proper weight, she is almost about there...
I’ll check this out I didn’t think about it “The basking could be a bit higher temp. I use a digital electric hydrometer/thermometer from the hardware store to measure ambient temp and humidity and a temp gun for the
basking spot (make sure to account for the height of your cham when measuring basking).” she has Had a laying bin in her home and has Extremely happy and mobile app until her shed yesterday

I am very familiar with the Chamaeleon are list I’m on here all the time. I also have done my research before getting her.
I have a blog that I post on here where I update my process on my care of her, and look for feedback.... FYI she was underweight and per vet advice I did not with hold food from her : if she was hungry I feed her : to get her up to proper weight, she is almost about there...
I’ll check this out I didn’t think about it “The basking could be a bit higher temp. I use a digital electric hydrometer/thermometer from the hardware store to measure ambient temp and humidity and a temp gun for the
basking spot (make sure to account for the height of your cham when measuring basking).” she has Had a laying bin in her home and has Extremely happy and mobile app until her shed yesterday
Thank you!

I never said to withhold food.

What is the other gutload aside from apples that you use? If you don’t know what’s wrong, then take her to the vet

Back
Top Bottom