I think my Veiled is dying :(

Awe I am so very sorry to hear he didn't make it. I was so afraid it would be too late for the appointment. I understand the sadness you must feel. Please know my heart and prayers go out to you.

Thanks all! At this point I buried him in my back yard with a rose, he was a great pet and only brought joy to me and my family. I am in the process of stripping down his cage, re sanding it , primer and new paint to protect against mold. I bought all new plants, branches, and exo terra veins, just in case there was bacteria or anything harmful on the old ones. I won't risk losing my new one!!!! I am going to buy a Jackson chameleon 9-12 month old male from flchams next week or so. Im not sure on the level of maintenance of a Jackson but If anyone can weigh in on a few tips that would be helpful. Thanks again and this is a great chameleon community

why a Jackson? your making things harder for yourself...i would definitely do some reading first because they are a lot harder to maintain and require more experience considering diet and husbandry. i just don't see why or how you want to jump into getting a new cham so soon :confused:. it would be a shame to see another sick chameleon

Vet time for him and extremely soon.

The chameleon looks malnourished and im sure dehydrated. I would get him in a shower asap. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/ataraxia/594-shower-chamber-treatment.html We need more info on your care to see what is the cause behind this. https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

I know many people swear by the shower method but in my experience, even when the shower method is done right, it stresses sick chams out even more. This is just my opinion but I think just misting with warm water is the same and less stressful as the chameleon doesn't have to leave its cage where it feels secure and slip and slide around and possible fall on the hard surface of a shower floor. As we can see his back legs aren't exactly working great so he would have trouble in the shower.

Wow my bad... I was way late on the help part of this post.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I would recommend not jumping into anything to fast, just do some reading and research for a bit before getting a new cham.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom