i think my veiled boy is dying!!! need help!!!

For supplements..
This week (week one), dust at every feeding except one with a phos free calcium powder lightly. For that one feeding use a calcium powder with D3.

Next week (week two) dust with a phos free calcium powder at all the feedings except one again. On that one feeding dust with a vitamin powder that has prEformed vitamin A in it but doesn't have D3 in it.

The third week repeat what you did in week one.
The fourth week do what you did in week two.

What if I change to 10.0 instead of 5.0? You think will it be better?
If you have a way to accurately measure the UV exposure, like a solarmeter 6.2 or 6.5, then you could probably make it work. I actually buy the bulbs meant for desert reptiles myself and place my fixtures higher up, then check UV levels every couple of months and lower the fixtures to keep the basking area around 20-25 uw/cm². I wouldn't go with a 10.0 if you don't have a way to measure, though, since you'd risk overexposure. That can lead to a host of other problems, especially eye issues. The exo-terra website does list the effective range for the 10.0 as 20" unfortunately, so it might be hard to get adaquate UV coverage without overexposure. You'd be better off switching to a t5 fixture 👍

IMG-20210305-WA0007.jpg

Update on him, been feeding him medicine since yesterday, he still falling down today, but I put sponge and some kitchen roll below to reduce the impact of falling down, and try to make it stay bottom instead of falling from above, eye look sunken compare to yesterday, but I did hand feed him water to drink

If you have a way to accurately measure the UV exposure, like a solarmeter 6.2 or 6.5, then you could probably make it work. I actually buy the bulbs meant for desert reptiles myself and place my fixtures higher up, then check UV levels every couple of months and lower the fixtures to keep the basking area around 20-25 uw/cm². I wouldn't go with a 10.0 if you don't have a way to measure, though, since you'd risk overexposure. That can lead to a host of other problems, especially eye issues. The exo-terra website does list the effective range for the 10.0 as 20" unfortunately, so it might be hard to get adaquate UV coverage without overexposure. You'd be better off switching to a t5 fixture 👍
Which light tube you recommend? Arcadia or reptisun?

The arcadia 6% T5 bulb is probably your best bet if you don't have a solarmeter; they only have to be replaced yearly, whereas you'd want to replace the reptisun every 6 months, since you wouldn't be able to measure how much the UV output decreased over time

The arcadia 6% T5 bulb is probably your best bet if you don't have a solarmeter; they only have to be replaced yearly, whereas you'd want to replace the reptisun every 6 months, since you wouldn't be able to measure how much the UV output decreased over time
Okay, will check where can I get it, cause I stay in malaysia, most shop only selling reptiglo here, will try online, thank you

Either T5 bulb is good for one year. I have a Reptisun that's going on 16 months, and is still as strong as ever (by Solarmeter 6.5).

If you need a T5 fixture, all of these (and possibly others) are virtually identical, made by the company at the bottom.

1614951156015.png

Back
Top Bottom