I think my Panther Chameleon is too small...

I just posted one :)
Yeah I don't see much of a bulge. Specially for being 8 months old. I have two brothers right now. One is a monster really big. The other is quite small. He's about a year and the smallest one I thought was really small for a male.

IMO the original baby photos should be opposite.....the one that died looks like the male.

She is small for 8 months, but I and everyone else have produced runts at one point or another...runts are not uncommon.

The good news is she looks healthy.

I'm going to say without a doubt you have a female.

For 8 months she may be small or like mentioned before could have been a runt. But at the same time I've had a few females that just didn't really grow that fast till they were around a year then put on weight and size.. every Cham will be different. But she looks healthy.

We bought him and his "sister" together as male and female, and she was clearly female, but I'm beginning to be unsure of him. He NEVER displays any of the typical female colors, even when he's mad, and my camera doesn't really show his other colors either. That being said, I still argue with myself about it every day! Haha. No, I haven't had him tested or anything. Maybe I will look into it. He is a super healthy guy otherwise.
just my point of view ,I have a vield male and female panther male 1 year old and panther 11 months , I took both in for a year check up , both seemed really heathy but just for there health took them to the vet , both had parasites but caught it in time, even found out female has eggs and should be layng soon, never hurts to bring them to vet if you have a little extra cash ,, beautiful cham you have :)

I would have to say female also ,, I'm not even close to a expert but looks like my female panther when she was a few months old ,,,

Back
Top Bottom