I think my 3 year old veiled cham, Cleo is dead

Emily K

I found her today at the bottom of her cage really pale, her eyes are dark and sunken, but slightly open. She won't move. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I am extremely sad and not sure if she is all the way gone or if there is anything I can do.
TIA

I assume this is the one that you posted about several months ago that needed to lay eggs. Did she ever lay them?

I'm so sorry to hear that she's passing.

I assume this is the one that you posted about several months ago that needed to lay eggs. Did she ever lay them?

I'm so sorry to hear that she's passing.
She laid a few that looked very small and bead-like. I'm not sure if this has been a prolonged issue, she seemed fine up until I found her. :'(
I loved her very much.

Sounds like an ongoing issue to me.
A necropsy might show why was wrong.
She showed no signs in the past 10-11 months of attempting to lay eggs ... She seemed fine all year. I put her on that reduced diet and did not think much of it. I think it's possible she could have gotten egg bound and it could have been a super small or underdeveloped clutch? But I had no idea if that was the case.. she wasn't round in her belly, she ate and drank and seemed fine up until this morning.
It's also possible she could have fallen in the night.... Her highest point in the cage where she slept was about 3 ft from the bottom.
Either way she is gone. Just sudden and sad for me. I honestly would have done about anything to save her if I knew she was in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom