I think I found bsfl favorite food.

Multivitamins

Chameleon Enthusiast
I almost always get the bigger size of bsfl they just snack on my kitchen waste and get fed off and then I get flys it's a nice little cycle. I made soup last night and had extra squash I figure why not , so isopods and bsfl get a little slice or two.

I checked in on the bsfl today while cleaning a bit and found them going to town on the squash idk if it was just a while since they had eaten or if this is their favorite I've never seen them congregate en mass on a food item like this.

Attachments

• 20230414_154855.jpg
    20230414_154855.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 42
I almost always get the bigger size of bsfl they just snack on my kitchen waste and get fed off and then I get flys it's a nice little cycle. I made soup last night and had extra squash I figure why not , so isopods and bsfl get a little slice or two.

I checked in on the bsfl today while cleaning a bit and found them going to town on the squash idk if it was just a while since they had eaten or if this is their favorite I've never seen them congregate en mass on a food item like this.
It's a little scary how ravenous they are. Try sweet peppers, they only leave a bit of skin as thin as tissue paper!

Not at all. I normally buy 500 or more and refrigerate. Then in a tall deli container to keep at room temp I fill half way with coco coir and food items (3 or 4 pieces mixed squash, zucchini, peppers), and add about 50 larvae at a time. As they mature I feed them off and add more. By the end the coir is wet and starts to degrade into a great humus for the garden; but no odor.

I think the key is how many you have going and what substrate you use.

Back
Top Bottom