I think he just don’t like me

I try 123

Does he look ok ? He just started to hiss at me when I try to handle him and he’s been realy dark for the past week.

Attachments

• 2F1C38A9-C424-4581-B8C7-84769E407855.jpeg
    2F1C38A9-C424-4581-B8C7-84769E407855.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 86CBCCAB-9934-409C-ABCC-8CA6272B5024.jpeg
    86CBCCAB-9934-409C-ABCC-8CA6272B5024.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 76
I think you've got a she, i dont see tarsal spurs on the hind leg in the picture... It also looks like a her.

How long have you had your cham?
If it's a her she could be producing eggs soon. Make sure you read up onaying bins.

Oh and it can take a lot of time for a cham to tolerate his owner, some may never appreciate you. Give it time, take it slow, dont force her to do anything.

I think you've got a she, i dont see tarsal spurs on the hind leg in the picture... It also looks like a her.

How long have you had your cham?
If it's a her she could be producing eggs soon. Make sure you read up onaying bins.

Oh and it can take a lot of time for a cham to tolerate his owner, some may never appreciate you. Give it time, take it slow, dont force her to do anything.
When should you get a laying bin for a charm?

She will lay eggs regardless. Can you explain to me how you plan to address the needs of her reproductive cycle? Or whatever you know of it...

She will lay eggs regardless. Can you explain to me how you plan to address the needs of her reproductive cycle? Or whatever you know of it...

Well I am aware of cutting back on food supply to help with laying, I believe I have a good understanding of what are the major signs of being laying ready / egg bound. Just was unsure if I should put one in there now or in a month...

Not to help with laying but help her have a smaller egg batch. Sorry wrong term
Yes cutting back on food and temp will produce a smaller clutch size.

Now, what are the signs of a female needing to lay eggs and what do you have to do as a keeper to ensure everything goes smoothly?

Yes cutting back on food and temp will produce a smaller clutch size.

Now, what are the signs of a female needing to lay eggs and what do you have to do as a keeper to ensure everything goes smoothly?

I’ve sent you a PM

From my notes ... she will roam the cage looking for a place to lay them, she may stop eating a few days before she is ready to lay (some don't) and she will likely drink more. Sometimes these indications are very subtle...so I should provide an container of sand once they are old enough to produce eggs so that they have a place to dig.
The container only needs to be big enough when empty for the chameleon to fit into with a couple of inches on all sides of her including above and below her. Some of the females will even lay the eggs in this container or may not

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom